Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Cd Player - Wont Read CD's

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 5spd VT S 5spd VX Berlina VP 5spd VS Cal
Hey guys my cd player in my vx wont read any discs it will just sit in there trying to read then it will spit it on and display E-4 on the screen. Ive tryed multiple brands of cds also none work. Please help

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
E-4 means u have to reset it first if no luck then it has to go back to eurovox. better yet go to ebay and get a different one.

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
id be buying a new head unit! preferably NOT EURO-POX! go a pioneer or something, dont be worried about having an open space left under it, most places that install will have trays available instead of having a face of carpet ect under the H/U. i love having the 2 trays under mine as i use the new one to sit my mobile in while charging, so much easier then putting it in the bottom one as ive got a manual.

hwy747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Berlina 5.7L / VW Golf GTi
Usually when you get the E-4 message your laser in the CD player is cactus!! Mine had that problem and after speaking to Holden and a few other people, I replaced it! Definitely not worth repairing. Ebay is an option if you want to keep it original, or you could just do what "Rubber Burnin Gal" suggested and get a new stereo!

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Actually I had this error on my car. Took the head unit apart, cleaned the laser with some cleaning alcohol and never had another problem since.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Actually I had this error on my car. Took the head unit apart, cleaned the laser with some cleaning alcohol and never had another problem since.

Me too , I was having this error with one particular cd . Gave it a clean and now to works .

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you just get those forky things and the head unit just pulls straight out ? then i can clean it put it back in and rock n roll again ? :p

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
yup :) or if ya lucky, go to a audio install place and they might just pop it out enough for you to take out later for free :)

Jordzz

VL Calais 5 Spd ### yea
Reaction score
Members Ride
can i just go buy the forks from somewhere lol ?

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
probably holden????.... i went to autobarn and the install guy was nice enough to just pop it out :)