Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX indicators stay on, not flashing, intermittently

vlcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
Hi there,

I've searched around here (after I hastily ordered a replacement indicator control stalk from Ebay ~$30 delivered) and it seems the hazard light switch going dodge can cause this issue. After reading that and putting hazards on and off it worked ok for a few minutes and then returned to staying on.

Multiple pressing of the hazard switch doesnt seem to help anymore.

So is it actually the hazard switch, or is it something else like the indicator flasher?? <-- i read abiout that somewhere in here.

Note: my cheap ass Ebay indicator doesnt lock in the right side indicator properly, only works when holding it - beware of cheapies.

Thanks
Vlcommo

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Remove the hazard fuse and normal indicator flashing should work but test for a few mins

Sent from my HTC ARIA using Tapatalk II.IV

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Hi there,

I've searched around here (after I hastily ordered a replacement indicator control stalk from Ebay ~$30 delivered) and it seems the hazard light switch going dodge can cause this issue. After reading that and putting hazards on and off it worked ok for a few minutes and then returned to staying on.

Multiple pressing of the hazard switch doesnt seem to help anymore.

So is it actually the hazard switch, or is it something else like the indicator flasher?? <-- i read abiout that somewhere in here.

Note: my cheap ass Ebay indicator doesnt lock in the right side indicator properly, only works when holding it - beware of cheapies.

Thanks
Vlcommo

Get a new flasher relay, It's probably getting stuck on.
Located on the fuse panel under steering wheel.
There only around $12.

vlcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
Thanks for the reply- I tried removing the fuse and it did nothing.. According to the fuse diagram I removed the hazard warning fuse 15A - and hazards and indicators still worked. Then I removed the hazard s/w (relay?) - indicators didn't work.

Ok so you think it the flasher? I'll check it out.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
Do you mean the flasher relay?
Because that's what i mean

m8fdye.jpg

vlcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
Do you mean the flasher relay?
Because that's what i mean

m8fdye.jpg

Thanks mate for the diagram, no I was thinking of something else, but yes, on my fuse/relay diagram it has a flasher unit in the same position as on yours.

Funny thing is, I put my original indicator/control stalk back in and it's been working fine since- maybe reseating everything helped! I didn't touch the flasher unit though. But I did push back the hazard switch and it popped back slightly from the dash so maybe there was something to the hazard switch theory after all?

Anyway I am an office worker, I really don't have much of a clue, but I can google alright and read a manual ;-)

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
Thanks mate for the diagram, no I was thinking of something else, but yes, on my fuse/relay diagram it has a flasher unit in the same position as on yours.

Funny thing is, I put my original indicator/control stalk back in and it's been working fine since- maybe reseating everything helped! I didn't touch the flasher unit though. But I did push back the hazard switch and it popped back slightly from the dash so maybe there was something to the hazard switch theory after all?

Anyway I am an office worker, I really don't have much of a clue, but I can google alright and read a manual ;-)

At the end of the day, It's the flasher relay's job to flash the indercator's.
The stalk gives the signal to the relay, Then the realy flashes the light's.

So, A dodgy stalk would either send the signal, Or not. There is no inbetween.

But, If it's all working as normal now, That's good.
But if it start's playing up again, I'd take another look at the flasher relay
Sometime's, Banging it can get it to work again, For a short period, This method can help fault find.

Good Luck.

vlcommo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina S1
At the end of the day, It's the flasher relay's job to flash the indercator's.
The stalk gives the signal to the relay, Then the realy flashes the light's.

So, A dodgy stalk would either send the signal, Or not. There is no inbetween.

But, If it's all working as normal now, That's good.
But if it start's playing up again, I'd take another look at the flasher relay
Sometime's, Banging it can get it to work again, For a short period, This method can help fault find.

Good Luck.

That makes sense. Thanks