Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx observation's

Good&Bad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais 5.7
Hello to everyone. I bought a vx Calais ls1 a year ago with 104k's .I hadn't owned a holden since the hz. Here are some Ob's. Smooth engine except small shudder at 1400rpm. Must use correct oil grade. Rear camber not to bad.Holden used European design but butchered it. Cost cutting ?. Crap interior plastics and latches. Crap roof lining. Weak front end. Rubbish CD stacker. Thing is holden knew about faults but were slow to respond. But with all the faults I still love driving the thing. Sadly they were never able to build world class cars and now have to close. I'm a new member so forgive me for any mistakes.10/4.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good stuff.

Observations on a 15 year old car

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
VT was 1997 Car of the Year and VX was better than VT so all that's kind of knit-picky. Remember age kills cars not mileage.

Good&Bad

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais 5.7
Yes holden had best selling car for 3 years back then? And then the vz had the most recalls in holden history. Like I said I love driving my Calais .l disagree that age kills cars not millage they both contribute. I'm just making obs on the first holden I've owned in over 20 years. The Calais I bought was only driven about 6'000 ks per year. Im not on here to argue with anyone. Merry Xmas to you all.