Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss wiring harness

Discussion in 'Quickbitz - Everything EFI!' started by Lse46, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Lse46

Lse46 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vl
    Having some issues getting my swap running wiring wise have looked at hundreds of videos and forums online and havnt really gotten the answers I was looking for
    Brought the mother out of a wrecked vx ss and have no clue where some of the wires go for the c100/c102 style plugs do all the orange wires get connected to constant 12volt power?
    Where do I wire the relays into it's going into a track only car no key just switches to make life a little easyer has anyone came accross this issue?
    This is the harness I have doesn't have the fuse block or anything on it

Attached Files:

2. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Prado
    I did a swap into a VC a couple of years ago. The wiring harness is almost stand alone as it is. Number one thing you will need to do is remove the VATS from the PCM, if you are getting it tuned then it will be done while they are tuning it if you tell them to.

There are only a few wires that really need connecting to anything, PCM power, ignition feed, injector power and make sure you wire in the ALDL plug, only 3 wires needed to go to that. And then all the earths. I removed a few sensors so I completely opened up my harness and removed the wires right back to the ECU. I think I may still have the page saved that I used as a guide....

http://www.thirdgen.org/forums/ltx-lsx/544768-ls1-harness-start-finish.html

That's what I used. It's not strictly a step by step as it's based on the US models and some of the connectors are different, but the wiring is essentially the same for what you need.

3. Lse46

Lse46 New Member

Members Ride:
    Vl
    I downloaded and printed the wiring Pi out for the ecu already had the cats removed from the ecu the pcm power is that pin 20 on the blue ecu and with ignition feed would that be ignition 1 voltage (pin 19. Pink wire) if so can that just be hooked up to a 12 volt switch? Also where would I find the injector power wire on my diagram there's wires for all 8
    Probably would have helped if I brought a running car to start with but 'seemed' cheaper to buy the engine box and loom on its own

4. Not_An_Abba_Fan

Not_An_Abba_Fan Exhaust Guru

Members Ride:
    Prado
    Blue Connector
    Pin 19 - Ignition voltage
    Pin 20 - Battery +ve
    Pin 57 - Battery +ve

On the Blue Connector you will see the colours for the injectors, these are the earth signal wires that go from the PCM to the injectors, the injectors have constant power with the ignition on and the PCM pulses the earth to activate them so you will need to power up the other wire in the injector loom plug.

The earths should have a ring terminal on them that bolts to each head.