Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Frequently Asked Questions

younglion

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY SS Ute 5.7
whats the best oil for a LS1? doing a service this week and wanna get some good oil in it,

cubic inches

Reaction score
Members Ride
vxss vnss
vy ss manual will not shift into any gear

vy ss commodore will not shift into any gear .where would the first place to look .any info would be appreciated.clutch fluid level is right.clutch pedal feels alright

spikeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
gmh part number. for suspension parts

hi guys

i was on this site, some time back
i found a part on here, that gave me vy commodore
gmh part number. for suspension parts
can anyone help me with link on here about it
as listed, struts codes, spring codes, sway bar code, shockie codes
as i cant remember where i found it on here
cheers B

kayveebee76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VY Commodore Wagon V6
dufus...you are a champ. the amount of time you have saved me is unbelievable!
bless ya mate!

spikeu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2
commodore vy suspension specifiction

Hi Guys

Would anyone know, the specifiction on front and rear suspension on vy commodore
like front spring length,how many coils, production Id code on spring, and pressure rate
Im looking for same for rear suspension as well.
I have holden manual that gives me all details from stabiliser bar to spring lengths, Id tags on springs. it covers the Id tag on the struts as well. I just got max ellerys vehicle repair manual, it says on cover 1997 to 2004 vt-vx-vy. but does not cover vy front or rear spring codes or pressure rates. Then i got cd manual off ebay and it was page for page cope of max Ellery vehicle manual, but that risk with e bay
if any one could help me, that would be really great.
if you dont want, post it on main page, feel to post me priv message:spew:

doccop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec
VY electric aerial repair

hi all, very new to this so please be patient with me. the 'guts' of my aerial has come out of the bottom two retractable pieces exposing the plastic toothed cord. i cant tell if its broken off or just come right out of the electric motor. can i replace this part or do i have to buy a whole new aerial? if i do can i get an after market one and where. Thanks

M100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim wagon
HID Kits..

Hi,

Came from auto barn this arvo and I was looking at changing my h11 globes to phillips xtreme vision. They dont make them for h11 but the guy was trying to put me on the HID kits 6000K selling for $299. He said its a simple plug and play and all ADR approved all I need to do is find a place for the ballast.

Has anyone bothered to do this on their commodore at all? I know this must have been asked 1000000 times but not much comment from the searches I did.

Thanks

munro2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series II
VY central locking problem

Hi there. My VY has an intermittent problem with the central locking failing to open all passengers doors. Have read manual and played with two stage unlock and deadlock features to no avail.

The unlocking of all doors only occurs intermittently and is frustrating as all passenger doors remain locked even from the inside.

Any ideas??

Much appreciated.

scifisicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vySS wagon
Need to replace the right tail light assembly in a VY Wagon. I believe there is a different wiring for the S1 Vs S2 variants, is this correct? If so my build date is May03, would this be S1 or S2 (or how do i tell?) Thanks