Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LS1 Engine in my VK

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Hello, i have ls1 in my VK, went for a drive last night and the car has developed a miss under light acceleration, then under hard acceleration the engine work fine, need help, any ideas?? thanks its, like a switch miss and then off, no inbetween.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Check fault codes?

If all clear then start looking at easy stuff plugs,leads,voltage & also fuel side...compression test if need be.

If engine been sitting for ages & it's early stages of conversion might just need good long drive & new tank of fuel....vy sv8 I have runs tad rough when it hasn't been started in months then gets better after small drive....it's got 240k on engine with all the Ls annoying features lol

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Check fault codes?

If all clear then start looking at easy stuff plugs,leads,voltage & also fuel side...compression test if need be.

If engine been sitting for ages & it's early stages of conversion might just need good long drive & new tank of fuel....vy sv8 I have runs tad rough when it hasn't been started in months then gets better after small drive....it's got 240k on engine with all the Ls annoying features lol
The engine had a full rebuild in 2021 - i don't have a scanner to check fault codes. I am old school. On the weekend i replaced the leads, plugs and now coil packs. Its better but not 100% still have a small miss. I have ordered a fuel filter. If this does not work need to test fuel pressure. thanks

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Take it to supercheap or local mechanic...tell them just want codes checked on front of you.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
dont use ebay and amazon parts
if you have done
start over again with quality parts

Davemac

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline & 2009 SS Sportswagon
Sounds similar to what I had with my SS wagon. Turned out to be a cracked plug and arcing in the lead on cyl 1. New plugs and leads and all good again. Didn't throw any codes either.

Mario K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Take it to supercheap or local mechanic...tell them just want codes checked on front of you.

dont use ebay and amazon parts
if you have done
start over again with quality parts
i got NGK TR6 plugs, GM leads, and GM coil packs. still have a slight miss 80% better. Need to replace fuel filter. I have Corvette C5 fuel filter. Will replace on the weekend. if still have an issue will check fuel pressure. thanks

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1