Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY LS1 swap trans harness question

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
cheers Lex, will download that tonight - hopefully will have the info I need to get this conversion completed.
I’ll have a look through it in the morning and guide you to the info. There is. A. Lot.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Hi all, looking for some advice about an engine/trans swap I am doing to an XJ6 Series 3 Jaguar.

The engine is a VY LS1. Trans is a 4L60E.

I have just purchased a complete VY ECU/wiring harness combo, to fit the LS1. The issue is simply this - the VY auto harness has the big rectangular grey plug which I believe plugs into the 6-speed auto computer? Can I use this ECU and wiring harness combo with the 4L60E trans? Is it just a matter of re-flashing the ECU or do I have to get a 4-speed auto harness instead of the 6-speed?

Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
hello Gos... thought I would see you here at some stage :cool:

Gosling1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore Series 1
hello Gos... thought I would see you here at some stage :cool:
Hi Yoda - yes I have been a member of this forum now for almost 20 years - back in the old VN Commo days. It is still cool to see my old thread about sorting out sticky temp and fuel guage issues is still a sticky after so long ;)

Some good news on this conversion though - the new ECU/wiring loom I sourced last week, should be perfect for the job. Just finished id'ing every plug connector on the harness now, just looking to see if anyone can help with the pinouts for the large white plug which I believe goes back into the cabin and hooks up to the dash etc - for ignition switch and dash lights.....once I know my way around that colour-coding, it should not be too difficult to hook up the oem Jag wiring to the LS1 loom......fingers crossed eh ;)