Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy s fog lights

Discussion in 'VY Holden Commodore (2002 - 2004)' started by simins, Oct 1, 2011.

1. simins

simins New Member

Members Ride:
    vy s pack
    i just recsently brought a vy series 1 s pack and i just noticed the fog lights dont come on has any got any segestion to whats stop them from comeing on?

2. aaronevolution

aaronevolution Donating Member

Members Ride:
    TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
    Check the fuse, and make sure the wires under the front bumper are plugged in.

3. Sean880

Sean880 Member

Members Ride:
    2012 VE SV6 series 2 and 911 Porsche 997
    The VY S pac did not come with the fog lights as standard equipment so many units have been fitted by owners after purchase and often not with the expensive original equipment factory lamp units.

As aaron said, check the wiring to, and wiring connection under, the bumper. As I recall it, I think the series 1 - S pac cars came ex factory with the fog light wiring in place ready for connection to the lamp units (but not the series 2 cars).

2. Replace the dedicated Fog lamp Relay which is located in the Fuse/Relay Box on the drivers side under the bonnet. The relay could be faulty.

3. The fog lamp switch could be faulty.

4. If after market lamp units have been used they may have both died and the previous owner has not bothered to fix.