Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ alloytec (how do i change spark plugs)

IPCOlsenVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Commodore Equipe
**** I totally miss read your post and went off at a tangent:whistling. I had a look through my owners manual (which covers the stock and the 190 model) and I could only find 120km interval. Flip a coin I guess.

VZCalZone

now choppin the VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais, vx2 exec
I'm lifting the manifold but don't want to do damage. I've taken out 5 bolts and disconnected 3 hoses, one at the intake and 1 on each side halfway along. I've got the front loose but something seems to be holding it at the back. Lifting harder is probably the way to go but wanted to check. Its a 190 not that it should matter. any quick advice would be appreciated

ps how the hell do you get the plugs out after undoing them, they're a mile deep

Last edited:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
there is a bolt at the very end of the manifold only a short one, look over the back near the map sensor and you should see it, its next to it, have you also disconnected the lead to the variable intake actuator?

mitch_893

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
I know this post is very old, but your doing it all wrong. To save time, and the paper gasket in between the 2 halves of the manifold, you leave in the passenger side front bolt, and the drivers side rear bolt(very back of motor). These 2 bolts don't go all the way through, they are only into the bottom half of te manifold. This means u can then just chock up the front of the manifold with a block and then proceed the plug change. You should never have to replace the gaskets when doing plugs on a vz. Ve's are a different story tho, as there is less room.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
I know this post is very old, but your doing it all wrong. To save time, and the paper gasket in between the 2 halves of the manifold, you leave in the passenger side front bolt, and the drivers side rear bolt(very back of motor). These 2 bolts don't go all the way through, they are only into the bottom half of te manifold. This means u can then just chock up the front of the manifold with a block and then proceed the plug change. You should never have to replace the gaskets when doing plugs on a vz. Ve's are a different story tho, as there is less room.

care to elaborate on this?
if your lifting the manifold chances are the paper gaskets will break therefore, you've gotta replace them

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
sounds too much like hard work. think ill drop mine into the mechanics and go fishing.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If you wanna pay me, I'll come and do them :p Only a Stones throw away from Kanwal :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
care to elaborate on this?
if your lifting the manifold chances are the paper gaskets will break therefore, you've gotta replace them

The manifold is a 2 piece item, if you do not undo the front right and rear left bolts the manifold does not seperate therefore the paper gasket doesnt get damaged.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
The manifold is a 2 piece item, if you do not undo the front right and rear left bolts the manifold does not seperate therefore the paper gasket doesnt get damaged.

the inlet manifold is a once peice....
and if you dont undo all the bolts...how are you suppose to lift it? you'd still not get any movement

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
the inlet manifold is a once peice....
and if you dont undo all the bolts...how are you suppose to lift it? you'd still not get any movement

Yes youd know more than someone that works on these engines every day, idiot.