Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Auto 'Power Shift'

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
just for my own frame of mind, why do you drive around with it constantly on

No reason at all, I put it on when I drove up one of our mountain ranges, and have just never bothered to switch it off.

And I've noticed no difference when driving the car normally...

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
No reason at all, I put it on when I drove up one of our mountain ranges, and have just never bothered to switch it off.

And I've noticed no difference when driving the car normally...

That is weird as mine clearly revs a bit higher in each gear before changing when driving carefully, it also changes down gears earlier which uses more fuel on the overrun.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I'll take it off for the weekend, and see if i notice any difference.

It might just be that I'm used to how it drives with PWR on...

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
I'll take it off for the weekend, and see if i notice any difference.

It might just be that I'm used to how it drives with PWR on...

Yeah ive never done a back to back consumption with it turned on and off. Unless you are driving in hilly areas where holding gears would be beneficial for fuel consumption it must use more if it is revving longer in each gear.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i use the pwr button if im on a fun bit of road, as it drops gears more willingly. I havent noticed a difference in fuel..and i usually just drop back to 3rd myself on the stick if im going up hill as the car labours abit before it decides to drop a gear itself.

zvagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 9C1
That is weird as mine clearly revs a bit higher in each gear before changing when driving carefully, it also changes down gears earlier which uses more fuel on the overrun.

Just having a quick play this afternoon the difference was noticeable, if not stark. I can clearly see the benefits for towing, heavy load carrying (I've got a wagon).

For a bit of weekend fun, it probably helps slightly too :)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I drive mine in power mode all the time as I've moved all my shift points around to switch gears when i want it to....... effectively making it more agreesive ......

kicks down faster, holds gears longer depending on where my foot is on the pedal so the car drives exactly how i want it.

Cause u can only do that with VCM Suite on the autos

06vzcalais

Reaction score
I drive mine in power mode all the time as I've moved all my shift points around to switch gears when i want it to....... effectively making it more agreesive ......

kicks down faster, holds gears longer depending on where my foot is on the pedal so the car drives exactly how i want it.

Cause u can only do that with VCM Suite on the autos

now i see where the other guys are coming from
do you actually think about things before you type

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
seriously i'm missing whatever it is you are saying about my posts....

whats wrong with whats above? .... if u let me know then maybe i'll get it myself. i'm on topic, i dont get it.

perhaps i should just talk in the tuning forums but the problem with that is there's not many people that own our cars with vcm suite...... they can adjust things.

.... meh i dunno

jaz_777

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 voodoo thunder ss
for those driving an sv6 or calais with the 5 speed box, using the power mode has a more noticable change as it ups the line pressure for a firmer quicker shift, also activates a perfomance mode as pointed out earlier by torana 355, it holds gears longer and doesnt shift up etc under agrresive driving, like on a windy road for better engine braking, but in the old 4 spds, it just changes the shift points