Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore k frame broken

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
about a month ago my house mate drove to bundaburg to see a friend, she took her vz commodore, just yesterday she complained there's been a clunking noise from the front passenger tyre area, i decided to jack it up and have a look for her and this is what i found, she said the noise had been there since the trip and it happened after she hit a pothole
lpUiM.jpg
f1u4j.jpg

told her she'd be up for a few grand to replace the subframe... what do u guys think

i told her i could remove it for her and take it to a friend who is a boiler maker for a major workshop in town but she rekons its unsafe to weld it, i was going to get him to make and weld a new bracket out of thick plate steel saving her alot of money... is it safe to weld or should i just tell her to take it to a work shop

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
I wouldnt weld it, get another k-frame and fit it. Welding would probably only result in it cracking again in the long run.

Must have been one hell of a pot hole!

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah get a new one... btw nice job of helping your housemate without trying to hit on her lol

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
pot hole would have caved that rail where the kframe bolts on. that looks more like a stress induced fail. man, thats 6mm steel right there. pretty good effort. +1 to new k-frame, id be looking into seeing if holden will pay for it. i kknow its prolly a long shot, but im strugglign to see how a pot hole could do that.

in fact any accident at all. shouldnt there be another bolt near it somewhere btw?

i could be totally wrong though.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Should be 2 bolts on that side.... Sabotage'

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
righto ill let her know, why would i hit on her when i have a gf who lives @ the same place, screw holden ive trying to get my race thrust replaced for the last 6 months, everytime i take it in a tell them the problem or point out the noise its making they either tell me its normal or they cant fault the problem.. holden are useless

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
yeah after staring at it for a bit longer im confused:

that bolt looks to be tightened all the way up to the frame... wouldnt there be at least a 6mm gap of thread if it was once attached to the kframe? also, where the hell is the 2nd bolt? im guessing that this knocking noise has been going on quite a while. was this a used car when the owner bought it? has the smell of poorly repaired accident damage to me.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
used car from holden

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I'd advise she not drive it, as that is incredibly dangerous...