Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz commodore k frame broken

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
I'd advise she not drive it, as that is incredibly dangerous...

yeah agreed man. that Kframe bolt is a significant point of strength, being as comprimised as it is the load on those other bolts would be well beyond breaking point. id hate to see what would happen if the k-frame let go on the freeway.

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
yea she hasn't driven it since i found the problem a few days ago, anyone got a rough price on how much it would be for the kframe, i told her to get ready for the heart attack when she takes it to holden on tuesday

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
#### taking it to holden see how much a mechanic would do it for or do it yourself (if ur keen on helping out) new K frame from wreckers shouldn't be that much i reken

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
also ####ing hell how is it even supporting the engin atm? would have been a interestinly BAD thing if it failed on way back from bundy on the bruce....was it driven on the isis highway? if so i remember seeing a pot hole that was massive and i had to wait for the oncoming cars to go through it as it was ####ing insane...was like that for months

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
anyone got a rough price on how much it would be for the kframe,

i cant imaine it would be too much. a commonly scrapped part, as long as it was stripped of everything, cant be more than 100-150.

changing it will prolly mean she needs to go get the wheels aligned again for castor/camber but im not sure exactly how that models adjustments work so could be wrong.

Jangus27666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore
Hey guys ive hit the gutter just lost control in rain had some idiot riding my ass looks like the k fram is broken and the drivers side front wheel is against the car is it fixable just hit me back cheers

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
What a big job to correct and I'm sure the insurance company would write it off. See if you can buy the wreck back and search for a decent used one and swap over all your good parts.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
There are only four bolts holding the whole assembly in place

IMG_0659_zpsfbqdd1cv.png

IMG_0658_zps7vgy8gml.png