Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ LS2 M6 - Comp Cams 227/235 113 LSA 0.614/0.621

DarkCrystals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport M12
Hi All,

I'm in the middle of a cam change on my VZ LS2 Clubsport - Manual.

The LS2 has stock 243 heads. Headers and exhaust done, OTR XAir intake. I do plan on aftermarket heads and Fast 102 in about a year.

The cam I have installed is Comp Cams 277LR HR13. She's 227/235 @0.50 (advertised is 277/285), 113LSA, 0.614 intake lift and 0.621 exhaust lift. Comp Cams part number is 54-458-11

I have also installed Comp Cams Timing kit 3518KT.

Next on the list is to install my Comp Cams 26926 dual valve springs (with Comp Cams toolset retainers, seats, valve stem seals, locks). I will run the stock lifters till I eventually get the new heads. Pushrods will be purchased once I work out the length (likely 7.4inch but going to verify just in case). Am using stock rockers too.

Now that I have installed the bloody cam, I'm starting to get worried about my PTV, which I will check with check springs and dial indicator on intake and exhaust - still a week or so away from this. What are peoples thoughts on possible PTV issues with this cam? Is a lot of work just to see i'll have too little clearance and possibly have to remove and install another cam. I can advance/retard the timing gear (adjustable hex nut) to increase either I guess... Comp Cams themselves said they have seen 'no real issues'... hmmm.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So are you changing springs without removing the head?
If so, throw a checking spring on there, and install rocker/pushrod. and then you can press on the valve at any cam position to check additional clearance over what the cam is asking. Check TDC and 10deg either side.

note: may get more hits if you post in the LSx section next time.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i have a 233 233 114 .597 in my VE ls2 and i had valve contact with piston and had to adjust with head gasket, this cam was not ment to have any issues but always worth checking and i did find out that some engines can have the piston sit just above the deck and some even and some below and mine sat just above so lucky my mechanic always checks

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
IMO you will be alright. These engines has plenty PTV.

But nothing is more concrete then checking. That's a nice cam you have picked too. Will boogie.