Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz maloo

Jason mcfarlane

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Maloo r8 series 2 ls2
I have vz maloo ls2 it's got 1 5/8 headers and 2.5 full stainless put bout 270kwrw no going to put cam in but. Do I change the exhaust to 3 inch mild or full and Chang the headers to bigger ones for better flow

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
If you are not camming then changing to bigger exhaust wont net you much gain if any.
3" will definitely be louder.
Are you going to change your cats as you could fit 200cpi metal cats for better flow and still meet emissions.
Mine has tiny cam and heads and nets 299rwkw through 1 3/4" shorty headers, high flow cats and stock cat back.
I do lots of highway cruising with our mothers on board and wanted it quiet but still sound like a V8 when you are up it.

Jason mcfarlane

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Maloo r8 series 2 ls2
Yeah I'm going to cam change my diff gears either to 411 or 391 not sure yet I'll change my header to 1/78 4into on 3inch exhaust new clutch should be cranky

DarkCrystals

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport M12
I have a VZ clubby manual. She has VY2 hsv headers (1 3/4inch primary). Twin 2.5inch system all the way through - decats and two hotdogs (coby) each side. Dynod at 310rwkw @ 6300rpm. Has OTR, VCM 11 cam and supporting gear. I haven't seen a need to go to 3 inch as yet. Plenty of power thru the Rev range. I like the 2.5inch as not too loud. At 100kph can hardly hear it.. but still has a dam good note at idle and drive around town.