Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Slutbag

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
those hurst shifters only work with the stock shifter plate correct ? not a rip shifter or anything

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Cleannnnnnmm. I still have yet to scan the catch can instructions for you, been busy.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Very tidy ride mate for a daily.
How you liking the hurst shifter, I fitted one to my Tonner and love it. Although I did crunch 2nd gear twice when I first put it in whilst getting used to it.
I actually fitted mine up to a Ripshifter without any drama. Just a slight tickle to the angled bracket that came with it and she was all good.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Very tidy ride mate for a daily.
How you liking the hurst shifter, I fitted one to my Tonner and love it. Although I did crunch 2nd gear twice when I first put it in whilst getting used to it.
I actually fitted mine up to a Ripshifter without any drama. Just a slight tickle to the angled bracket that came with it and she was all good.

could you post up some pics of what you mean ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hey Trayner,
Sorry mate, didn't actually take any photos of it.
If you check out the link SSZ666 provided above to the shifter,
Notice in the pictures that there is a small piece of steel angle attached to the Hurst Stick, basically all I had to do was round the corners off a little where it attaches to the Ripshifter.
I also replaced the button head cap screws that attached the Hurst Stick to the angle with a longer bolt & nut, as I personally thought there wasn't enough thread engagement.
It was really easy to fit... no dramas at all.
I don't know why they state they do not fit the Ripshifter, considering the factory shifter and the ripshifters street handle are positioned at exactly the same angle.

Last edited:

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
Cleannnnnnmm. I still have yet to scan the catch can instructions for you, been busy.

No dramas

I see how you could make the hurst fit onto the ripshift but im not a fan of the ripshift. The hurst feels awesome.... but not on hot days lol

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
This is the only instructions that come with the catch can kit.

Pretty self explanatory. Valley plate hose to top of can, bottom can hose to throttle body.

SSZ666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ ute & VZ SS sedan
This is the only instructions that come with the catch can kit.

Pretty self explanatory. Valley plate hose to top of can, bottom can hose to throttle body.

Ah beaut cheers