Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Front Bumper Bar - 'bracket' & clips?

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Hi Guys,

I've been searching over and over and cannot locate the info i'm after, but closely relates to VZ SV6/SS Bumper Removal.

Since i bought my car, the front bumper bar, continually has its 'sides' where it clips into the guard wheel well pop off all the time, even if i don't scrape or it anything as its just had a screw drill into it.

There is a metal 'u' shaped clip or so that goes around the plastic that the screw should go into (with a thread to screw into) which both on my car are missing.

I tried asking Supercheap about it but the guys there don't have any idea.

Also, the 'bracket' which the bumper clips up and onto is broken on left hand side, a part number would be ideal, or a way to easily remove it so i could do it at a wreckers (without breaking it)

I've 'doctored' some pics from that thread to easily point out what i am talking about.

Here is a picture for the 'u' shaped clip on the car:
VZFrontBarRemoval006Medium.jpg

Here is a picture of the 'bracket' which on my car (not this picture) has snapped off halfway, so the bumper always hangs out apart from popping out all the time.
VZFrontBarRemoval005Medium.jpg

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Have you tried going to Holden spares for the answer.

Both places i went (Cardiff Kelly Holden & Gateshead Pacific Holden) wouldn't come outside with me to show them.

They quoted me for a new bumper instead.

I was only able to go there as i had the day off work, i can't make it to any of them in time as they are only open weekdays, i start before they open and finish after they close up.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
you can buy those side plastic clips from holden, very common for breaking. unfortunatly i dont have a part number. you can also buy them on ebay.

HOLDEN COMMODORE VY VZ & WK WL FRONT BUMPER GUIDE RH | eBay

ian

Awesome thanks, noticed that one also comes with the U-shape clips too lol.

Took another look at the car, the left hand side is missing the u-shape clip but the right isn't.
The right side just has the bump 'guide' broken, so i will just get the guide, and pull the u-shape clip off the damaged piece and shove it on the left side. lol.

Last edited:

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Both places i went (Cardiff Kelly Holden & Gateshead Pacific Holden) wouldn't come outside with me to show them.

They quoted me for a new bumper instead.

I was only able to go there as i had the day off work, i can't make it to any of them in time as they are only open weekdays, i start before they open and finish after they close up.

I'd be writing a very nasty letter to the manager about his staff especially if you end up buying the parts some where else.

DFECTED

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 SVZ UTE
Morphix, try the commodore shop on pendlebury road in cardiff they might be able to help.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Morphix, try the commodore shop on pendlebury road in cardiff they might be able to help.

Ah yes, i forgot they exist, wonder if they would have anything though.

Everytime i've gone there for stuff they always say "we dont have anything for vy/vz" but i'll give them a go on the weekend.

Last edited:

ausmuscle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey i own a 2004 VZ SV6 got no idea how too post a thread lol need to ask about changing over my alloytech to an ls1?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Hey i own a 2004 VZ SV6 got no idea how too post a thread lol need to ask about changing over my alloytech to an ls1?

Not worth the cost, better off trading it in on an SS/SV8.