Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6/SS Bumper Removal

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
Is the removal of a VX II front bumper similar? I can't find anything on any other thread, so am hoping someone here can help. (I need to change the driver's front guard, and I think I have to remove the bumper first).

Thanks in advance for the help.

jgupte

Jughead
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive/VN Project
Guys, thanks for this guide. The procedure is exactly the same for a VX. I did it sucessfully on the weekend.

On a lighter note, I also changed the Auto Gear Shift for a leather one. Would you believe it, there are more screws holding the centre console in place than hold the front bumper in place? There are ecactly 7 screws holding the bumper in place, while there are 8 screws and two nuts holding the centre console in place. Go figure!

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
the things holding the bar on under the number plate are called "screvits"
i had to replace mine on the clubby, stupid low front bar :)

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
hey just wonering do i have to remove the whole bumper to remove the grille?

BcMac

Reaction score
hey guys i just want to remove the top grill to have it upgraded if your not sure what im talking about the holden logo on top of the front bumper, by the way the car is a vz, i can only see one screw i removed it but the grill didnt come of and i didnt want to break it by forcing it. any help will be greatly appreciated

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Don't know if this entirely related, sorry guys if its not, but you know the bottom Grill that is in an SS, also a Calias (I think) will that fit into an 04 lumina bar, its the VZ with out the foggys>?

Cheers

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
This is almost the same for Adventra's too, except the Adventra bar has 3 bolts underneath and about 8 screws to connect the bar to the skid plates

robm56

Reaction score
Members Ride
ls1 vx ss sedan
lol with the front bumoer off the front end looks like a certain ford front end ive seen getting around i know nothing about fords ( and dont want to) so i have no idea wat year, model or nothing