Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Ute indicator fuse keeps blowing

Savandel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ute storm
I have recently purchased a 2005 VZ ute, it's my first car - I am 17 and hope to get my licence soon. I had been driving it short distances for a few day and the indicators stopped working and the hazard lights didn't work either. I took it to the mechanic and he replaced the fuse. On the way home, it blew again, this time the cabin filled with smoke. The vehicle does have a tow bar and a newly fitted radio. What should I look for? Can I fix this myself?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Wires are shorting out somewhere and since the cabin filled with smoke I'd say there is quite a bit of melted wiring. Since a new radio and towbar were recently fitted I would concentrate my search in those areas. Were they professionally fitted?

Last edited:

Savandel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ ute storm
Thank you for your reply. My apologies, I am new to the site and I thought I had only posted this question once.
I'm not sure whether they were professionally fitted, they were already in the car when I bought it.
Do you recommend an auto electrician for this job?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thank you for your reply. My apologies, I am new to the site and I thought I had only posted this question once.
I'm not sure whether they were professionally fitted, they were already in the car when I bought it.
Do you recommend an auto electrician for this job?
An auto electrician should be able to find the problem quickly.