Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 exhaust systems

_F.U.B.A.R_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2004 Acclaim
Heya guys, just wondering if I can get some opinions on a decent exhaust system for a V6 and if it's worth the money.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Do a 'forum search' top right corner of the screen. Heaps of discussion on the subject. General opinion along the lines of 'sounds like a wet fart' 'drones' 'waste of money'. Have a read and then decide. Good luck.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
No performance gain. Near impossible to get a good note out of them. Save the coin as said.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I disagree.

The first thing is that it's a V6. People are hung up on the V8 note, yes, a V8 sounds great but you can still get a good sound out of a V6 if you're not expecting it to sound like a V8.

Manta do a twin 2 1/4" into single 3" that sounds good on the VZ V6. Nice and deep, no drone, no "wet fart" sound and not overly loud. $495.

H

harrop.senator

Not an abba fan is an expert on exhausts. Ive never played with an alloytec exhaust but I've found over the years that mild steel pipe and keep throwing resonators at it and you can get drone and wet fart noise out of anything.

_F.U.B.A.R_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2004 Acclaim
Yeah cheers for the input guys, definitely not going for a V8 sound don't see that point. Just be nice to have a bit of a ballsier note when it starts up and on take off. Any gains with the Manta system mate? Not looking for heaps of power at the moment