Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warranty info

test321

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s
hi all,

before i start yes i have done searchers on this topic! and nothing has quite answered my questions...

i have 1 year left on my warranty

what effects and voids your warranty?

all i want to do is put 19 maybe 20 inch rims on my 2011 berlina. and change my interior/cluster lights?

does this affect warranty any one know or had previous experience?

cheers!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
It will only affect the parts you change. Or if you end up burning your car to the ground because your lighting modifications are faulty then dont expect anything from the Manufacturer, or your Insurance company.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
A pedantic dealer might try and void your warranty on brakes with aftermarket wheels saying the extra weight and rolling diameter caused them to prematurely wear out. How this is actually possible I have no idea but it's the sort of **** dealers would cough up. Who cares anyway, stock VE brakes are **** and the sooner they wear out the sooner you can upgrade to decent pads and rotors (at less than the price of factory replacements).

test321

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s
A pedantic dealer might try and void your warranty on brakes with aftermarket wheels saying the extra weight and rolling diameter caused them to prematurely wear out. How this is actually possible I have no idea but it's the sort of **** dealers would cough up. Who cares anyway, stock VE brakes are **** and the sooner they wear out the sooner you can upgrade to decent pads and rotors (at less than the price of factory replacements).

ok so the wheels wont affect anything to do with the engine being under warrenty or anything else like that??

yes the breaks are horrible! but if they do go cant i just put the original wheels back on before i go to the dealer lol :beer chug: