Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Washer Bottle / Radiator Overflow

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
Hi Everybody,
I have noticed in a lot of magazines, on VK/VH show cars that they have no washer/overflow bottles in the engine bay (well none that I can see anyway).
Just wondering if anyone has managed to hide there bottles?
If so can anyone tell me where as I am keen to do it myself.
Cheers

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 (vz monaro themed)
there not just taken off for shows?? just a guess. a show car wouldnt need washer bottles if its never on the road. may possibly be using a smaller overflow tank??

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
under the left front gard, boot you can make em out off coke bottles if you want

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
with a little imagination you can put them anywhere. overflow can be a bit of a prob though cos' its meant to be te highest point of he cooling system, but others have relocated them with no side effects.

i think the overflow bottles look good where they are. as long as they are clean and white, not the rusty pooh colour they go after a few years.

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
You can buy stainless overflow bottle that sits beside your radiator. You can't really notice it though because it's right against the radiator support panel.

As for the washer bottle, I'm moving mine under the plenum cover. I'm gonna look around for a smaller bottle to fit in there.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
If you plan on using the washer bottle it needs to be mounted lower than the washer jets, the lower the better else when you go hard around corners it was sifon the water out via the jets
The radiator overflow should be higher than the radiator, there are spots higher up inside the front guards suitable for this.

scott

Lewie

B Cast and flat topped!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Very thirsty VT & VH project under way! YAY!!
VT washer bottle into VH

Hey gurus,

Massive thread dig but this is the most appropriate thread to add to instead of starting a new one.

So, anyone tried to put a VT bottle in? I want the charcoal canister, rad overflow and washer bottle out of the bay but most people have talked about putting the bottle up under a guard. I was thinking about using the hole under the charcoal cannister for the filler neck of a VT bottle with a modification for the kink in the neck and sticking it up under the guard. The overflow can go at the top edge closest to the drivers door and the cannister will find another home somewhere. I've also seen a few people using the VR/VS bottles aswel.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences they'd like to share?

Lewie.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I think most people use the VS one.

The neck coming up through that hole would look weird though.