Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on SuperCharge Batteries?

NateMcNate

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Berlina Sedan
Hey people,
Just wanted everyones thoughts on Supercharge brand batteries?
Pro's and con's etc.
Cheers

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Personally i'd recommend them. I run the supercharge gold series 600cca in mine and never had any dramas with them, including cold winter starts. 6 years old and still going strong even after many high discharges from leaving the stereo running for hours lol. Of course there is better on the market, but for the price comparison I think they're a top choice. I pay approx $100 for them from a local auto electrician.
Cheers

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
I would also recomend them, Even know i dont have one right now, I had one in my old car, It took heaps of abuse, Still kept on going!
Disscharged it all the time from watching movies in the car ect, But kept on going! (after jumpstart)
When i brought my old car, The battrey was going on 5 years old, Thats when i started pushing it to its limit's.Huge stereo, Dvd ect
Finally packed in at about the 8 year mark!...I did put that inox battrey stuff in it at the 5 year mark, Not sure if that is part reason as to why it was so good or not.
I now use SSB manance free,Im very happy with them so far, But still would recommend Supercharge. Well the one i had anyway!

But thats my only experiance with them, So not sure if there the best in all applications.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Garbage. Had a 550cca one in my VY installed 2007. Had the interior lights (=about 3 amp draw) on for 2 hours while doing work on the stereo one day which saw it go flat. After that it barely turned over the engine and i limped it along it for another year (never left anything on when the engine was off, not even interior lights) it finally died earlier this year less than 25,000km after it was installed.

Currently have an RACV 550cca which is also junk, but it was a matter of convenience since getting an RACV battery meant i made it to work that day, and therefore the battery paid for itself ;). I plan to kill that one by cranking my stereo if it's still hanging on by the end of the 3 year warranty :p

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i had a maintenance free one in my old vn,then in my vr and it went with that when i sold it.
it was great, never had a problem.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Save your money and buy something a bit better IMO. We've had only good experiences with AC Delco batteries, they're good value for money. However, if you can afford to spend a little bit more, buy a Delkor. I reckon they're about the best on the market.

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
optima optima optima,enough said.

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
Save your money and buy something a bit better IMO. We've had only good experiences with AC Delco batteries, they're good value for money. However, if you can afford to spend a little bit more, buy a Delkor. I reckon they're about the best on the market.

Delkor are a bloody good battery, so are the Delco's. Best batteries I've seen are Panasonic branded - fitted to Subaru's etc from factory. Quite common to see them do 7 or 8 years. Can't buy them new though.

optima optima optima,enough said.

wouldn't touch them with YOUR ten foot stick

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
Delkor are a bloody good battery, so are the Delco's. Best batteries I've seen are Panasonic branded - fitted to Subaru's etc from factory. Quite common to see them do 7 or 8 years. Can't buy them new though.

wouldn't touch them with YOUR ten foot stick
why is that??
i was using century heavy duty up until 6months ago, though they just don't seem as good as they use to be,optima has been great i wont be buying any thing than it, Americans can manufacturer the best.