Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What are your thoughts on the performance of the Rudd government so far?

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
I dont think Rudd knows what he wants. He apologises to the aboriginies in one breath, then increases the price of petrol and alcohol with the next...hummmm:whistling

hehe sorry abos but im making it impossible for u to street drink and get high

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
minux did u get a compo payment in your past for a mishap u had in life?

Not sure what relevance this would have with the current debate, but yes, I was compensated for injuries I received whine on exercise serving this country. That compensation paid for me to go through university as I was ineligible for HECS, which is fair enough as I had our home, worked full time and had my money from my payout.

I dont think Rudd knows what he wants. He apologises to the aboriginies in one breath, then increases the price of petrol and alcohol with the next...hummmm:whistling

:rofl: thank you so much for the laugh

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
well without the common people getting together and standing up for rights of the individual in the way of unions . unions is just a common word for a group of people organised , working together for better rights the government would have turned around and gone tough bikkies and u would not have seen the pay out

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
well without the common people getting together and standing up for rights of the individual in the way of unions . unions is just a common word for a group of people organised , working together for better rights the government would have turned around and gone tough bikkies and u would not have seen the pay out

Just wondering does the army have unions? If not what do the unions have to do with his payout?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Umm, sorry not aware of any union in the defence force...

I spent almost32k in legal fee's to get my pay out, it certainly had nothing to do with unions.

Just wondering does the army have unions? If not what do the unions have to do with his payout?

Never used to. Would be pathetic if they did.

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
You want me to give him a chance for adding more taxes on fuel

What tax did he put on fuel?

Well I don't know about other unions, but I know the trade unions do good things for us, especially the ETU. Unions for other sectors may be useless but I'd have no idea about them so I can't comment.
When I made my vote I looked at what was going to benefit me, my family and our future the most. If it turns out Labor just make an even bigger mess of our economy then I may reconsider my vote the next time we have an election.. but for now I'm happy with my vote and happy to defend it.

The ETU have to be one of the worst unuions in the country. They almost sent BHP to the wall, they were the main reason why the Newcastle plant got shut down and the manufacturing got sent o/s.
I had one full year of dealing with these bastards and they tried everything to screw the company over when they couldn't get their way. The best one was bringing in work safe saying the place was dangerous (mind you worksafe came out scratching their heads as there was nothing wrong).

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What tax did he put on fuel?

Apart from the increase in base excise there is also the planned "carbon tax" on all fuel purchases including LPG.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
(mind you worksafe came out scratching their heads as there was nothing wrong).

Doesn't surprise me... Worksafe are useless.

I don't know about what they've done in the past, but I know that what they're doing now is benefiting me and other workers in my trade. For as long as they are doing good things for me, I will continue to support them.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
:whistling ;) :wax: :)

Last edited:

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
Apart from the increase in base excise there is also the planned "carbon tax" on all fuel purchases including LPG.

Taking aside the carbon tax, the only excise thats been increasing (that I know off, I'm working in Singapore so I may have missed it but didn't read anything of it) was the LPG excise that was implemented by the Howard government after the gas excise was introduced. So is the carbon tax going to be added after we go to carbon trading??

Doesn't surprise me... Worksafe are useless.

I don't know about what they've done in the past, but I know that what they're doing now is benefiting me and other workers in my trade. For as long as they are doing good things for me, I will continue to support them.

What I was trying to say was that the ETU tried anything they could to disrupt work (that was going to create alot of work for everyone) as they couldn't get their way. Mind you they did send one of the companies into bankruptcy which was good as they were useless (full of union sparky's that couldn't get work).