Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
To me the built number is not much significant, though no.1 is and no.1200 also.
I can't see much more than that which in MHO no.1 goes to Holden museum and no.1200 up for auction for charity.
there will be some here who may have a number because its significant to them.
in the end its just personal and may not mean much to the collector, just have to look at the old collectors ie GTHO's Torrana's SLR 5000 and the likes
I have to disagree mate. The MSE code is KOM. A direct reference to Peter Brock. Imagine snaring 05! What an amazing addition to the story of the car to tell in the future. To hand on to the next custodian. In my case, one of my Son's.
Any true enthusiast or collector would give their left agate for that!
Some of those classics you mention, are worth more due to having service history, log books, or a connection to a race driver. Then there's the stories of the previous owners. Their passion for the car etc etc.
Look at the crazy prices some rego plates have brought. Why? They're unique and people want them. Demand less supply is the sweetspot on the value curve. Personally I'd pay $5k for #05. Assuming it's even a build number. It would mean that much to me. There's lots of others too...
Just my opinion Jetfrost.;)

LS3Director

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Director
I have to disagree mate. The MSE code is KOM. A direct reference to Peter Brock. Imagine snaring 05! What an amazing addition to the story of the car to tell in the future. To hand on to the next custodian. In my case, one of my Son's.
Some of those classics you mention, are worth more due to having service history, log books, or a connection to a race driver. Then there's the stories of the previous owners. Their passion for the car etc etc.
Look at the crazy prices some rego plates have brought. Why? They're unique and people want them. Demand less supply is the sweetspot on the value curve. Personally I'd pay $5k for #05. Assuming it's even a build number. It would mean that much to me. There's lots of others too...

Believe build #01 & #05 are going to charity

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport

I admire your passion

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Plate number "05VFII" is available in NSW

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Also "05SSVR"