Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Is opticoat the best option for paint protection SC?

i have Opticoat, and the paint looks good after a wash, but it hasnt blown me away re protection of fine scratches and nicks.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
i have Opticoat, and the paint looks good after a wash, but it hasnt blown me away re protection of fine scratches and nicks.

I am thinking of going Opticoat for my new Redline, dont really know what else is out there that is better? I have researched and its much of a muchness.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Hi guys,

$42,750 auto SV6 Sportswagon Black Edition in Slipstream Blue, paddle shift, alloy pedals, 1600kg towing package, tinted 35% all round and Moulded Luggage Liner.

I used Motorbuys to get this deal. They were very helpful and were able to add any accessories to their site which weren't orignally listed for me to select almost immediately.

Delivery end of this month. The dealer who quoted did add a note that there was 2 different colours in stock if I wanted a car right away.

Was worried at first as I selected NSW dealers for my quotes, I thought crap what happens if there is a dealer that quotes but is out of Sydney Metro or further. But Motorbuys advised their system uses a postcode matching system that provides you quotes from dealers within 0-100km of your provided postcode.

Dealer ended up being only 30KM away :)

Very simple process especially if you know what you want and at what price.

Here is a screenshot of the quotes:-
attachment.php

Slats

Glad to see someone else using motorbuys and taking advantage of it. I used motorbuys to get my awesome price on my Redline. Certainly worth the $19 to get a great price.

Stefan23

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Commodore S *Manual*
Just had Opticoat+ and tinting applied on Friday on the new ssv wagon, so far I am very happy, product details say up to 30 days to achieve full hardness...

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
I think I'm going to give Modesta Glass a whirl when I get my tax back. I've got to get the GTS paint corrected and all that nonsense as its 2 years old and seen many kays but I'll report on it in a future thread when/if I go that route.

I am thinking of going Opticoat for my new Redline, dont really know what else is out there that is better? I have researched and its much of a muchness.

Slats1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
Glad to see someone else using motorbuys and taking advantage of it. I used motorbuys to get my awesome price on my Redline. Certainly worth the $19 to get a great price.

Too right Super Coach. In the email confirmation from Motorbuys once I submitted a quote request it states that the quote fee will be refunded if you end up buying a car. So you could call it a free service.

"We want to refund your quote request fee!
If you choose to accept a quote at the end of the quoting period, this amount will be automatically refunded to the same credit card from which it was paid. The refund will occur within seven business days after the delivery of your vehicle."

Could not be happier.

Cheers,
Slats

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2

Super Coach - did you use Motorbuys as a starting point to get prices and negotiate from there?

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi guys,

$42,750 auto SV6 Sportswagon Black Edition in Slipstream Blue, paddle shift, alloy pedals, 1600kg towing package, tinted 35% all round and Moulded Luggage Liner.

I used Motorbuys to get this deal. They were very helpful and were able to add any accessories to their site which weren't orignally listed for me to select almost immediately.

Delivery end of this month. The dealer who quoted did add a note that there was 2 different colours in stock if I wanted a car right away.

Was worried at first as I selected NSW dealers for my quotes, I thought crap what happens if there is a dealer that quotes but is out of Sydney Metro or further. But Motorbuys advised their system uses a postcode matching system that provides you quotes from dealers within 0-100km of your provided postcode.

Dealer ended up being only 30KM away :)

Very simple process especially if you know what you want and at what price.

Here is a screenshot of the quotes:-
attachment.php

Slats

nice buying

Might be my ignorant V8 self but can you get paddle shifters for the SV6, though V8 only?????

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
So just got a couple of quotes back from a local dealer. Have to say that I was pretty impressed with their first effort.

SSV Redline Sportswagon
Metallic paint
Hf-20 alloys
Towbar, mats, roof racks etc

$65,600

SSV Sportswagon
Metallic paint
Accessories as above (minus wheels)
Paddle shift

$58,640

Thoughts? Having just read Super Coach's update - wouldn't be signing anything until August.

Flukey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
^^ The Redline to me looks like it is full retail, or close to it.
I would keep shopping.