Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Slats1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VT
nice buying

Might be my ignorant V8 self but can you get paddle shifters for the SV6, though V8 only?????

Probably not as fun as having them on a V8 but definitely an option for the SV6 :yeah:

Just a something extra to enjoy the new VFII :)

cdr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Maloo R8
When I was looking to buy a SSV Redline wagon last month, quite a few Melbourne dealers has SSVR wagons on their websites from around $59K drive away. I am sure there would have still been a bit wiggle room with those prices. I ended up getting a demo with 1000ks on the clock for $54K with mats and tint. I was surprised how easy I got that price down to from the dealer. I am sure there was a bit more left but I didn't try hard enough. Anyway I was still happy with the price and even happier with the car now.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
I've just financed a mates purchase (as I do homeloans and car finance) noting this car just came off the truck from the Holden factory and wasn't already sold so no wait time for him. June 16 built Redline manual sedan in white, full spoiler, tint, motorsport mats, boot liner - $58,500 drive away.

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
Signed for an SSV-R Ute last night in Perth. June 2016 built, heron white, manual, HF20's, window tint (35% doors & 20% rear and 'b' pillars), paint and interior protection for $53,100 driveaway.

Has anyone had any dealing with the Holden/HSV offered paint protection? Is it as good as opti-coat? The interior and exterior protection and window tinting was packed for just under 2k.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Signed for an SSV-R Ute last night in Perth. June 2016 built, heron white, manual, HF20's, window tint (35% doors & 20% rear and 'b' pillars), paint and interior protection for $53,100 driveaway.

Has anyone had any dealing with the Holden/HSV offered paint protection? Is it as good as opti-coat? The interior and exterior protection and window tinting was packed for just under 2k.

You'd save a heap of coin and get a better quality job sourcing it yourself. The tint should be under $200 seeing as its a ute. Paint protection price varies on product and how in depth they go with correction etc. but you'd be able to get it done for around half the dealer charges.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

Keep away from those Ming Girls that will RIP YOU OFF. I will never again be conned by those loosely dressed women and I paid $1000 for all the about but they did start at $1800. Never again as I don't like their ethics and the way they do business.
Mate I'm as ugly as hat full of arseholes yet this bird smiled at me like if she wanted to marry me at 65 year old. It just shows you what they will do for money. Please ask other guys on this forum for help in getting the above done for a third of the price and to get it done correctly

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
You'd save a heap of coin and get a better quality job sourcing it yourself. The tint should be under $200 seeing as its a ute. Paint protection price varies on product and how in depth they go with correction etc. but you'd be able to get it done for around half the dealer charges.

I was quoted just under $1k for Opticoat on my Wagon, plus tinting was roughly $350 from the dealer

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Motorbuys quote

Motorbuys quote received today

2016 Build VF2 SSV-R
Heron White/Red Hot
Manual
Full Black Out Kit;
Pollen Filter
Lock Nuts
Phantom Lip Spoiler
Carpet Sports Mats
Sports Armour
Redline Sill Plates
Best Price- $54,006k Drive Away if deal is done by COB 31/7/16- all the dealers stated a price rise coming into effect 1/8/16- ?

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
all the dealers stated a price rise coming into effect 1/8/16- ?

Well that turned out to be BS. Drive-a-way price for Redline Auto sedan dropped a further $1100 from yesterday. Cheapest so far on 'Build and price'.

That doesn't mean you could have got a better deal though, it looks very sharp.