Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Last month's advertised prices were inflated to cover the cost of the 2.75% finance (if you didn't take it, there was a $2,000 bonus applicable). That bonus has now gone and on top of that the dealer now has to contribute towards the Virgin Velocity points that are on offer, so transaction prices will be significantly higher. There's only an extra bonus on Auto's this month ($1,100), so if you're after a manual the price has effectively gone up by $2,250.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Last month's advertised prices were inflated to cover the cost of the 2.75% finance (if you didn't take it, there was a $2,000 bonus applicable). That bonus has now gone and on top of that the dealer now has to contribute towards the Virgin Velocity points that are on offer, so transaction prices will be significantly higher. There's only an extra bonus on Auto's this month ($1,100), so if you're after a manual the price has effectively gone up by $2,250.

so lucky I bought last month? Got a manual and just paid outright, no finance.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Manuals were the cheapest they've ever been last month ($1,000 base bonus plus $2,000 non-finance offer bonus). They've been throwing all the money at Auto's lately (like Free Auto promotions, etc) and it's the same this month with the extra $1,100 on Auto's that isn't available on any manuals.

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Manuals were the cheapest they've ever been last month ($1,000 base bonus plus $2,000 non-finance offer bonus). They've been throwing all the money at Auto's lately (like Free Auto promotions, etc) and it's the same this month with the extra $1,100 on Auto's that isn't available on any manuals.

Hey Tim, No offense but information like this would have really been useful to some of us who are on the verge of buying.....last month.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
Dealers never know what's going to happen from one month to the next. And besides that, would you trust one anyway?

Only a select group of people are responsible for pricing within Holden and it's kept secret until midnight on month end.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
I hate these FF points things, I can't believe its attractive to anyone. All points schemes represent a conversion of your money to a bogus currency that can be deflated or even expired at will by the company behind it.

If its costing the dealer, then its costing the consumer. Surely it can be forfeited by the buyer in favour of a better price ?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Ah, but FF points are just like paying by credit-card & not getting hit with a surcharge ... the cost is spread across all customers, not just the ones with the points scheme.

Occasionally a deal comes along where you'd actually benefit; eg. the recent 110000-point deal if you started an AmEx card - 110000 points gets you a decent trip or a decent upgrade.

daz_au

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII
eg. the recent 110000-point deal if you started an AmEx card - 110000 points gets you a decent trip or a decent upgrade.

Did that card not have a ridiculous annual fee ?

I know there are "points hacks" that can work out ok and if you collect them in the course of business travel, then whatever. Lets face it though, none of these schemes are designed to benefit the consumer and a world without them would be better for everyone except the companies that run them.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I can't recall the fee, I think it was high, but they waived that if you ran a more reasonable number of $$ through it.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
My car is at milestone 34, I have a confirmed build date of 31/8/2016. Woooo, now the sleepless nights begin.