Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
SuperCoach I am excited for you and I haven't even ordered one!! I just want that feeling you have! Keep thinking is all this waiting for what's coming really worth it!! Haha.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
SuperCoach I am excited for you and I haven't even ordered one!! I just want that feeling you have! Keep thinking is all this waiting for what's coming really worth it!! Haha.

haha I'm not in that much of a hurry for a new car, I just wanted to get my order in so I was guaranteed to get the colour I wanted, was happy to wait, saves me headaches of where to put my cars. But now "**** is gettn real" so to speak so the excitement is building.

I will get in touch with my contact at HVO to see if its actually possible to come in on that day and watch my car come down the line in GA and see it getting built. I doubt it, but still gonna try. Cos this is my last Holden and the last Aussie made model. Wont get this chance ever again.

galaga2304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Wish I was in Adelaide to get even the slightest chance to see my car come down the line! Enjoy the anticipation.

SSVR_dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
MY16 ssv redline sedan manual
Floor mats
Boot liner
20" rims
Black paint
6 years warranty or 200,000km
$56.5K

Had delivery in 2 days as they had the exact car in the showroom which was awesome.

Never driven anything with so much power but it's super thirsty - assuming that's the case because it's still running in.

I noticed the clutch seems to grab right at the top which takes some getting used to.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
MY16 ssv redline sedan manual
Floor mats
Boot liner
20" rims
Black paint
6 years warranty or 200,000km
$56.5K

Had delivery in 2 days as they had the exact car in the showroom which was awesome.

Never driven anything with so much power but it's super thirsty - assuming that's the case because it's still running in.

I noticed the clutch seems to grab right at the top which takes some getting used to.

Whats thirsty??
My manual VF2 is at around 10.5L at 2500km's avg speed at 48km/h

SSVR_dave

Reaction score
Members Ride
None
My first 100km averaged about 20L and that's without taking it above 3500km and driving very gently (I.e. Using the torque)

I've now done 400km and I'm getting about 12L-15L with 70% urban driving and 30% highway driving. I expect this is relatively normal which I'm happy with.

I read some tips about running it in and a different thread said to vary the revs and use engine braking - I haven't put it above 4000rpm and only gone to half throttle. Should I be taking a different approach?

blakethemus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
I read some tips about running it in and a different thread said to vary the revs and use engine braking - I haven't put it above 4000rpm and only gone to half throttle. Should I be taking a different approach?

"6 years warranty or 200,000km"

Drive it like you stole it. If anything breaks it will be under warranty. If you baby it and there is something wrong you might just make it out of the warranty period before it shows it's head.

atomic_ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sportwagon S2
Well no luck with Motorbuys,

Best quote I received for an SSV Redline Wagon was $64,200 which is only $700 less than an initial quote I sourced myself from a local dealer. So many great deals for sedans, but no love for the wagon (at least not in QLD).

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

Best quote I received for an SSV Redline Wagon was $64,200 which is only $700 less than an initial quote I sourced myself from a local dealer. So many great deals for sedans, but no love for the wagon (at least not in QLD).

Did you just choose QLD? I found that if you are prepared to travel you will get a good price, but in the end I got the best price right here in SA so no need to travel.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

Have you tried trawling the sites of all dealers, looking for existing stock?
'Tis how we found ours (colour was NLA - but we found an unused demo).
Will take you a few hours; start in concentric circles, based on distance from where you are (or distance from an airport :) ).

The place we bought ours, Paul Wakeling Holden in Narellan has a Red Hot one in stock for example; and I think you're more likely to get a good deal on a car that's in-stock. The price on their sites means nothing, you need to negotiate, there are still dealers sitting on 2015 Gen-F Clubsport wagons with the same listed price as the 2016 LSA cars on the exact same page.

Last edited: