Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
The Calais VF looks like a VF whereas the Caprice exterior hasn't changed in 10 years?

Put another way the last 6 PM's have been dragged around in the same shaped car.

Jeez, it's VE all the way on the outside. Looks old now. I can understand GMH not spending the money on the rear of the car for the small numbers being built, but you'd think they would have gone with VF front at least. Statesman has always been conservative though. At least they did do the VF interior. Value for money for top spec car, if you don't mind the older style exterior. I think one downside of buying a Statesman is the depreciation is a shocker, very small used market for them.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
So annoyed to find out that Holden is extending the MY16 build until the end of this year and build MY17 models from Janaury next year. If I had known this I would have waited later on in the year to get almost the last MY16 build car. I hate when Holden changes its mind after luring people in thinking its the end. What happens if they are not really closing down? If its all a stunt? In anyway you prob have to wait a few months now to get a really good deal on a MY16 since they have extended the build till the end of the year

S#$T happens, your getting the car you want for a good price be happy.......

I got a Jan 16 built black manual SS with 5yr warranty etc, i'm happy its still the last holden

enjoy when it arrives

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Calais VF looks like a VF whereas the Caprice exterior hasn't changed in 10 years?

Put another way the last 6 PM's have been dragged around in the same shaped car.
Are you saying that a Caprice looks like a 7-series BMW?
I don't see it.

Jeez, it's VE all the way on the outside. Looks old now. I can understand GMH not spending the money on the rear of the car for the small numbers being built, but you'd think they would have gone with VF front at least. Statesman has always been conservative though. At least they did do the VF interior. Value for money for top spec car, if you don't mind the older style exterior. I think one downside of buying a Statesman is the depreciation is a shocker, very small used market for them.
If you're buying it for less than a Calais, depteciation probably won't hit you as hard as Calais & Redline buyers.

JAK71

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDLINE
Seeing the MY17 won't be released until January:( and my current company vehicle is handed back in early November, I have just returned from my dealer and ordered the SSVR - manual, nitrate, tow bar, full blackout kit, boot liner, full tank of 98, mats - 55.8K drive away. Delivery late September :thumbsup:

Brabham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrate VF2 SSVR
Does anyone know if you can get the 20" wheel upgrade on the SSVR on dealer stock that has 19's?

Or does it have to be a factory order?

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
Does anyone know if you can get the 20" wheel upgrade on the SSVR on dealer stock that has 19's?

Or does it have to be a factory order?

The ute I just ordered was in stock and had the original wheels, however they could do an exchange with the factory for $2000 for the 20's. The extra $500 would be for freight between the factory and Perth I'd say. And that was only if the original wheels were brand new and hadn't been driven on.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Just placed an order for a SSVR, Auto, Prussian Steel, Black side vents, Black DRL surrounds, Sports armour, Tint, Motor sport mats, Tank of 98 fuel, b & w slimline plates for $56500 D/way. I know if i had of placed the order last month it wouldve been $1000 cheaper due to the bonus Holden had on, but im very happy with the price & service i received from my dealer....will place an order for one of the final GTS next year.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Just placed an order for a SSVR, Auto, Prussian Steel, Black side vents, Black DRL surrounds, Sports armour, Tint, Motor sport mats, Tank of 98 fuel, b & w slimline plates for $56500 D/way. I know if i had of placed the order last month it wouldve been $1000 cheaper due to the bonus Holden had on, but im very happy with the price & service i received from my dealer....will place an order for one of the final GTS next year.

Prussian Steel looks great!

Teepee146

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 SSV-R Ute
So I mentioned on this thread a couple of weeks ago about buying a brand new SSV Redline ute with the 20" forged wheel option on the 2.75% finance offer. As the car was already delivered, the dealer made arrangements with Holden for a wheel exchange seeing as the car was brand new. So I signed for the car and paid the deposit on the 27th July and have since been waiting for the wheels and have a delivery date of next Monday and picking the car up on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I have since found out that the car was registered the day after I signed for it on the 28th July. After questioning them last week on this the excuse I got was that the car had to be registered before the end of July to qualify for the finance offer. However after a bit of research I found that the car only had to be signed for before the end of July and delivered or registered before 31st August. After proving the first excuse wrong they now come back with the excuse that they registered it because the stamp duty, was cheaper last month than this month. I don't understand how the stamp duty would change between July and August and if it did it would be very minimal.

Now what I found out today after requesting the registration papers is that they have registered the car in the dealers name and not under mine. Does this now class this vehicle as a demo or used car after they transfer the rego in my name? I assume that as I won't be the first registered owner that this car cannot be classed as brand new when buying insurance and as such I won't qualify for any of the new replacement vehicle offers if written off.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Far out that's a low act. I'm tipping that the dealer gets a discount on the car from Holden because it's now a demonstrator so they will get a kick back, read profit, when they sell it to you as a second hand car.
Don't accept the delivery mate, get your deposit back. That's just ####ed. These sort of clowns give everyone a bad name.