Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] what do these codes mean??

dandan2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
hi all, I have these codes come up on my 2008 Calais, could any help with what could be wrong with my car??

P2544, P0850, P0420, I have the description of what they are but how do I fix them??

THANKS

Dan

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
P0420 is catalyst (catalytic converter) operating efficiency below threshold. Id say this would most likely just be a faulty oxygen sensor.
P0850 is a park/neutral switch (or wiring) problem, check the wiring and check or replace the switch if its not the wiring.
I couldn't find any code listed as P2544.

dandan2014

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
thanks brett, are they expensive to fix??

The P2544, code looks like this P2544 Signal A For Torque Management Request Input

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I don't know what the go is, Ive got a gregorys VT to VZ V6/V8 workshop manual and a max Ellery VT to VZ V6/V8 workshop manual, and I cant find anything about code P2544 in either of the error code lists in the manuals. I had a quick look online, the only code that I could find that was like this- (P2544 Signal A For Torque Management Request Input) was for some USA GM vehicles etc, So I cant help out with that one.

are they expensive to fix??
shouldn't be too expensive to fix...