Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ahhh, but there are those that do there jobs and then there are the zealous nuts, many a young copper fall into the latter category.

Funny thing is, when I was at school I went to a seminar by the police about recruiting for the police. One thing that always stuck in my mind was the comment by the officer that they weren't interested in kids straight out of school applying for the police force, no they want people to apply with life skills/experience. These days they seem to take just about anybody as long as you don't have a criminal record......

Obviously a little different in NZ.....My 18 year old went to apply to the police force and was told he needed more life experiences.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Prisoner Robert Rigney tried to return to custody twice after bail release, Adelaide court told - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Another case of where common sense doesn't exist. Prisoner released from jail for family funeral returned an hour before deadline but staff at prison were having trouble with paperwork so he leaves. He then presents himself to police station and explains situation and that the prison were having trouble re-admitting him, police station doesn't know what to do and make some calls. Prisoner gets fed up and walks out, removes ankle bracelet and disappears. Firstly why wasn't he put into a holding cell when he returned to prison? Secondly how did he leave Yatala? you can't just walk out you need to be let out. Thirdly why did the police station not hold him whilst working out what to do? he had an ankle bracelet on so there's a hint he may not be joking and then did the officer attending him not notice him leaving? Plenty examples there of lack of common sense!

You got it partly right.

Firstly, he was released for 4 days, to attend his murdered sister, niece and nephews funeral....The 2 kids were under 10 years of age (sorry can't remember the exact age)...He was only on remand, so he wasn't a sentenced prisoner. Walking out of Yatala is easy....They have a reception area, like most businesses, where you can walk in and out as you please....Seeing he was released to attend a funeral, he obviously walked into the reception area and walked out again when they couldn't decide what to do with him....

2ndly, he removed his bracelet before he fronted at the prison and cop shop and tried to hand himself in at both facilities. And ankle bracelets are easily concelled.....A pair of track suit pants on and you'd never know it existed, unless they were lifted.

And noticing him leaving.....I'll tell you, the Holden Hill police station has a wide open reception area, where you can walk in and out as you please, without any one noticing straight away.....The reception is attended by volunteers not police officers....The volunteers ask you some questions, then pass it on to the police officers....So that'd explain that

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I don't know what it is but back in the day cops were respected for the most part, these days it's just the opposite. Probably has something to do with them concentrating on revenue gathering instead of solving real crimes which is exactly how it feels when you read the crime statistics.....

In the last year the rate for solving crimes is disgusting, for burglaries the rate is about 10%, good to be a burglar.......

Last edited:

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
...How do you determine a responsible person? There is no sure fire to determine this. A good example is recent events in America....2 military (or ex-military) nut jobs, went on a shooting spree, snipering cops...At the time, these 2 peopel would have been classed as responsible people, but something twigged in their minds and they decided to start popping cops for the fun of it.

I said my father was ex military, I didn't say to trust someone who had been trained to kill people, who had probley had to kill people, who probley had PTSD.
I said my father was ex military because he was trained how to handle a gun, who knew how to handle it safely. There is a lot that treat a gun like a toy not a tool, in my other replies I agree restrictions are needed.
Most of my concerns are freedom as in if you take all of every bad thing away we would be locked up in a padded cell so nothing bad could happen to us.
If guns where band, no skin off my nose I don't own one.
But what would be next, ban martial arts, ban knives o wait hang on that's me lol.
I used to be a member of NKC which means I was allowed to collect swords, Victoria decided NKC members could not collect swords anymore but I could still collect knives and not kitchen knives. A meter long sword is very hard to hide a hand held knife isn't. My interest in swords I'm bedded in martial arts and will that be the next thing in 20 to 30years to get band say?
Guns was only really a focal point, swords are bad in the bad hands, but I was on the books and ended up getting rid of my collection because I had no use having them!!
No reason other than I liked them

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
You got it partly right.

Firstly, he was released for 4 days, to attend his murdered sister, niece and nephews funeral....The 2 kids were under 10 years of age (sorry can't remember the exact age)...He was only on remand, so he wasn't a sentenced prisoner. Walking out of Yatala is easy....They have a reception area, like most businesses, where you can walk in and out as you please....Seeing he was released to attend a funeral, he obviously walked into the reception area and walked out again when they couldn't decide what to do with him....

2ndly, he removed his bracelet before he fronted at the prison and cop shop and tried to hand himself in at both facilities. And ankle bracelets are easily concelled.....A pair of track suit pants on and you'd never know it existed, unless they were lifted.

And noticing him leaving.....I'll tell you, the Holden Hill police station has a wide open reception area, where you can walk in and out as you please, without any one noticing straight away.....The reception is attended by volunteers not police officers....The volunteers ask you some questions, then pass it on to the police officers....So that'd explain that

Don't know the full story just what I heard on ABC radio with someone from the prison. He should have been put in a holding cell when arriving to prison but wasn't. He was at Yatala around 3pm waited about 20 minutes then left. I think about half an hour later he went to Holden Hill (not that far away for those that don't know so he obviously didn't go straight there) waited around 20-30 minutes then left. His bracelet was recorded as being removed around 6:30pm so if that's true he did present himself to the police station and prison with it still on. Been to Holden Hill a couple of time and it does have a big reception area but it has clear view of entrance and sitting area from memory. Either way it's a police station and prison so when someone presents themselves you really should be keeping an eye on them. From what I've heard about Yatala by mates that have done work there, you can't just walk or drive out the gates. I'm sure there's a whole lot more to story but as I said not a lot of common sense practiced here

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
too many soft cocks and bleeding hearts , all could use a big cup of concrete

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
How do you like your chances against a truck? Criminals will always find a way.

So you don't think Australia should field an Olympic shooting team?
?
I've seen what you do when you don't agree with people but can I ask where did I say we shouldn't field an Olympic team? I'll say it again, the "average Joe" doesn't not need a gun and neither does the majority of us but I do see a use for some people. Interpret what I say however you feel if you need to just don't put incorrect statements in my mouth.

"Firearm serves one use, to fire a projectile. No little, no more. It's up the individual what it is used for."
Yep my point exactly so I love hearing the argument for having more out there so the individual can access them, guns were designed to be a weapon and are classified as a weapon. Lets see school shootings here in Australia like in America because people who have guns at home can't prevent their kids getting to them should we?

As for your other points, again clinging on to anything you can to justify an argument but if you truly believe to protect us against guns we need to introduce more guns then I really do feel sorry for you, that's not directed towards you as an insult but my true feelings. Again another case of someone thinking they can control a hazard.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I don't know what it is but back in the day cops were respected for the most part, these days it's just the opposite. Probably has something to do with them concentrating on revenue gathering instead of solving real crimes which is exactly how it feels when you read the crime statistics.....

In the last your the rate for solving crimes is disgusting, for burglaries the rate is about 10%, good to be a burglar.......

it was things that you've mentioned was a small part of me getting out , long gone are the days of the local constable giving young Jimmy a kick up the ass or a clip for nicking lollies from Mr Jones's corner shop . It's gone a bit too PC , and I don't do touchy feely . Along the lines of , "now Jimmy why did you really steal that gob stopper ? , do you have repressed feelings about your mother not breast feeding you as an infant ?", asks the Guidance Counsellor
"No I nicked it cause I'm a little prick who doesn't have any set boundary's at home " says Jimmy .

supercharged-ride

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 Alloytec190
it was things that you've mentioned was a small part of me getting out , long gone are the days of the local constable giving young Jimmy a kick up the ass or a clip for nicking lollies from Mr Jones's corner shop . It's gone a bit too PC , and I don't do touchy feely . Along the lines of , "now Jimmy why did you really steal that gob stopper ? , do you have repressed feelings about your mother not breast feeding you as an infant ?", asks the Guidance Counsellor
"No I nicked it cause I'm a little prick who doesn't have any set boundary's at home " says Jimmy .

For even being a cop I take my hat off to you, it's a job I would hate.
I am friends with 4 people in the force or been in the force and yes most cases the hands are tied and the cop attitude that most say about usually comes because cops are called out to the worse of society, they end up looking for the worse in people all the time and that changes a lot of people's personality's
When a criminal is violent and the cops have to be violent to stop himor her and they get hurt in the process o police brutality.
In the older days thow it wasn't just cops that got to kick young Jimmy up the ass if he was caught doing wrong Mr Jones would have kicked him too, if he was a local to Mr Jones shop he would then drag him by the ear home and his parents would kick him up the ass too, at that point for example is property was broken in the theft the kid would have had to work it off looking Mr Jones in the eye every day.

The kick up the ass I'm not talking about belting that is entirely different, but that's society everything is black or white, good or bad there is no inbetween unless it's seen to be politically correct then get what you want.

As a cop mate good job, I couldn't of done it

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm not saying that giving a clip or a boot up the seat of the pants is what's needed , but some basic teaching of showing respect and knowing what's right and what's wrong , a lot of people not just kids either , sadly have missed this im their upbringing or are just stupid .