Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is holden by design mean

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Holden by Design Started out with the VL after Peter Brock bought out the HDT VL with the polarizer Pack Holden gave him the arse so HDT stopped then Peter Brock started in 1988 SV which the first car was the VL SV88 Calais and still had the Polarizer pack in it My VL Formula Turbo was the first car that Holden released from Holden by Design which was in competition towards the Brock cars which did not compare

Holden by Design is NOOOOOOT Holden Special Vehicles.

Just so you know ;)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
My WH Has a HBD Build plate photos in my ride thread

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
i got both build plates on my vt hsv & hbd

its some hsv sports equipped series

from what i know it ran from the vp to vt series one from what i know they dropped the hsv tags after the series one v8's in the vt and used hbd tags onwards

i have some info on it but cant access it till tomorow

bloke found out the information for me

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Holden By Design (HBD) as has been said already are optional upgrades that can be fitted from factory. HBD upgrades are usually things like different wheels, bodykits, painted PBR brakes and interior options such as seats, steering wheels and roof mounted dvd screens for the later models. Not exactly sure when HBD enhancements started but my vs has a full HBD interior from factory so thats atleast from 97 and they went to atleast the vy. HBD is not associated with HSV.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
If you go back prior to HBD, can you recall the "Formula" factory option packages that were offered on VN's and Camira's? They were REALLY crap - painted wheel covers (white, I recall) and I think the cars were generally all white, with stripes and other ****.

Real "must have" cars - NOT!

cinndaz044

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v8 sv exec 044
If you go back prior to HBD, can you recall the "Formula" factory option packages that were offered on VN's and Camira's? They were REALLY crap - painted wheel covers (white, I recall) and I think the cars were generally all white, with stripes and other ****.

Real "must have" cars - NOT!

i can remember the vn formula

but a hdb camria:shooting: good god how on earth could they improve a camira beside setting it on fire to hot it up

10 minutes later im still laughing at at a hdb camria thought

hdb tags would have been worth more than the car itself

can tell ya know hsv and hbd tags 10 years later aint worth **** because half the parts fitted are totaly stuffed now anyways mine is now a dsv

darren's special Vehicle as i had to replace all the stuff to bring it back to life and the options availble now hsv dont even compare