Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is the best Brand on the market 4 audio

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
What about:
Ferris
Voxson
Super Cheap
Craig (overpriced and cheaply made like Kenwood)
Sound 4
Realistic
Audio Logic
Mega Sound
Boss
Avalanche
Stirling
etc etc etc
You could buy them all for the price of one good unit and replace them weekly when they die. New look dash every week.....beautiful.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
StoneX said:
Ported boxes are designed for specific subs, you can't just put any sub into a ported box.

well...its kinda the other way around,you cant put any old ported box with a sub and expect it to perform.
the diameter of the port needs to be calculated in relation to the size of the speakers cone and the wavelength sizes (from peak to trough) produced.
if the ratio of compressed air to rarefied air is too high phase cancellation can occur and the need for baffles and double or tuned ports may be necessary.

on another note,one of my fav brand of car speakers is clarion...they deliver quality tone (not just loud unaudible crap) and they're multitimbral quality is not deminished when level is increased....like some other speakers which almost spew out whitenoise as a side affect of level gain.
if i could ever afford it id like to install blue sky monitors in a car,would need a far bit of customising to do it,but the outcome would be awesome!

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
How is it the other way around? You don't build a driver to suit the box... You build a box to suit the driver.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
dls have some nice speakers/woofers. nakamichi have very nice h/u's, speakers and amps.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
StoneX said:
How is it the other way around? You don't build a driver to suit the box... You build a box to suit the driver.
umm..thats exactly what i said champ.you need to work out what kind of baffle (box) you need and the size (if any)of the port(s) to suit the sub.

i wasnt having a go at your thread mate,if anything i was agreeing and elaborating :thumbsup:

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No worries, I thought you were telling me I said it the wrong way :)

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
probably. i wouldnt be concerned about the power more over the TS specs.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
No one is going to be able to answer that subjectively because I doubt there is anyone on here who has heard both of those subs, let alone off the same amp in the same car as your's.

It might sound ****, it might not.

Why are you asking now anyway? You said you've already bought it.

Also, what sub was in that ported box you got from your mate?