Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 What size pulley for 9 psi?

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
I think 3.25" is from the states as they have 2 different types of 8 rib pulleys for vortechs. I had the same dramas with them awhile ago, all depends who you talk to. 2.95" should see 11-12@blower so then it all depends on cooler loss, I have been told by many people who have been through it before that 3psi is a normal loss anyway. You'd be right with 12psi on staock motor anyway I reckon, when I had mine pulled down to stroke it the engine builder said it looked fine. Good luck anyway and enjoy

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I told him my limiters set at 5,500 and im not going any higher.
So he said the 2.95" will get roughly 9psi at 5,500 which is the pulley i have, so i guess ill just try that one out and see how i go.

Thanks for your help guys.

I beleive that's what I was trying to tell you months ago :) to stick that pulley on since it's only a couple psi higher at your rev range. Do that: )

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Hehe, will do, might be this weekend or next, gotta fix throttle spring issue first, but thanks again guys