Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to expect and should i get spacers soon or later (ecotec)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Ahh so even though it's still an Ecotec MAf it'll need a dyno tune?

Either way, if you can quote me for a memcal for the 69mm TB, full exhaust (2.5inch, extractors, hi flo cat) and your CAI that'd be great, and if it makes any difference the MAF I have is 75mm

MACE

Reaction score
Ahh so even though it's still an Ecotec MAf it'll need a dyno tune?

Either way, if you can quote me for a memcal for the 69mm TB, full exhaust (2.5inch, extractors, hi flo cat) and your CAI that'd be great, and if it makes any difference the MAF I have is 75mm
You won't need a dyno tune as such for the ecotec MAF (100% Standard) and larger throttle body, however you will require an updated memcal to suit the shift points

You have a PM

Cheers,
Steve

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Got the PM. Cheers. So far I have noticed amazing throttle response, literally touch my foot on the pedal and it moves pretty quick. I removed my LPG mixer as well which would help a lot. Car sounds a lot meaner and has a bit more power, looks like it's cut off 0.5s from my 0-100 time (previously 8.5 seconds, now ~8)

Thanks a lot, I'll be looking at the memcal soon if you can do the best you can, cheers. Currently going back to the stock MAF and seeing how my idle goes because it sounds like it has a massive cam at the moment haha, and that was after I did only the MAF (may have become worse after TB)

MACE

Reaction score
Got the PM. Cheers. So far I have noticed amazing throttle response, literally touch my foot on the pedal and it moves pretty quick. I removed my LPG mixer as well which would help a lot. Car sounds a lot meaner and has a bit more power, looks like it's cut off 0.5s from my 0-100 time (previously 8.5 seconds, now ~8)

Thanks a lot, I'll be looking at the memcal soon if you can do the best you can, cheers. Currently going back to the stock MAF and seeing how my idle goes because it sounds like it has a massive cam at the moment haha, and that was after I did only the MAF (may have become worse after TB)

Ah good, looks like the preliminary results are promising :D

Please only use the standard MAF until you decide on getting a custom tune done on the car

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah, probably the best idea. May as well get the LSx one by then.