Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
bangers said:
of course a blown V8 is gonna have a better torque curve if its tuned to suit the exhaust. If you wanted better torque out of your VN SS you should have stroked it. Then blown it.

Ok if you knew me you would have known my SS was a C.O.M.E 355 stroker then blower.

What has this got to do with what i said though?

I tell you what, depending on what the minister for finances say's, i am looking at stroking my current ride, i will get the exact same tests done, tuned to suit with headers only, tuned to suit with zorst.

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you have to remember nearly everyone who puts a zorst on doesn't tune the car to suit. so they do lose low end torque, especially in a 6 cyl.

GLD-086

Reaction score
I have a stock system with a 2 1/2 inch hotdog and a 3 inch bent tip.

Gives it a nicer lumpier note.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
bangers said:
you have to remember nearly everyone who puts a zorst on doesn't tune the car to suit. so they do lose low end torque, especially in a 6 cyl.

ive put a 2.5 inch zorst on my VT6 - havent tuned it, so ur saying i would of lost low end torque??

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
sno said:
ive put a 2.5 inch zorst on my VT6 - havent tuned it, so ur saying i would of lost low end torque??

you will if you've got headers, hi-flow CAT and only one muffler. my father inlaw has that and its gutless off the mark. my VL whips it. VTs already have less torque than an inline 6.

vn88calais

Perth Representative
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY Commodore 2002
isnt it so when ur at a constant speed say 100km/h on ur freeway so it doesnt sound retarded??

Todd