Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats the go w/ small belts on 5L

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
hi all,

im curious to know why such skinny belts on the 5L?! is it possible to change this and get some wider belts put on? also i'd have to change the pullies so roughly how much work is involved in doing this and can it be cheap?

cheers all:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
heeno said:
hi all,

im curious to know why such skinny belts on the 5L?! is it possible to change this and get some wider belts put on? also i'd have to change the pullies so roughly how much work is involved in doing this and can it be cheap?

cheers all:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Best bet is to look into a gilmer drive setup. Uses fat (around 1.5-2" wide) toothed belts. The only problem is no one makes a kit to suit the aircon yet, but you could get one machined up.
AirStrike :air:

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Cheers man, thats what im after, anyone got some more info on gilmer like where i can purchase a kit and if its a job i can do myself, i know a bit but i wouldn't be able to do a re-build

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
heeno said:
Cheers man, thats what im after, anyone got some more info on gilmer like where i can purchase a kit and if its a job i can do myself, i know a bit but i wouldn't be able to do a re-build
Its a piece of piss mate. All you are doing is changing the pulleys on the alt, water pump, crank, etc.
Look on ebay or any auto shop should be able to order one.
AirStrike :air: