Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats this Mystery LED

08CalaisQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Calais V6
Checked the battery in my 08 Calais V6 to see a green blinking LED inside a black box. Wired directly to the battery.

It's bonded to the body of the car. I pulled the cover off to reveal this circuit board.

It had a small MT logo and the codes: MT D 94v-0 0940 ARC002 A/S 2005

POS / NEG wires and one labeled HD Output which doesnt seem to go anywhere.

Could only see a ton of Diodes and the tiny chip in the top left.

HDvy8Qn.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
My first thought was some sort of power smoothing device?

edit:But that doesn't seem right.

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Stop BE VERY Careful its the new way your Government is spying on you, they have put these devices into all cars unbeknown to the poor unsuspecting car buyer, what it does is monitor your movements and sends data back to local and state and federal governments, things like what radio station you listen to how long you listen, if you sing along to songs playing on the radio, it is even capable of recording you if you shout at your radio and what comments you make and it can even get an in-dept insight into you political views and monitor you and your family. Another function of this device is that it can monitor you emails and records what forum sites that you frequent it has even been reported that these thing have the ability to change you post to a more pro Government theme so be Very Careful and tell your friends .....$%&*...........................#$#&*........@$26^&&&^........... about this wonderful life saving device, these things were a much needed addition to road safety and to the safety of you family and friends, and speaking of friends don't you think its great how the current Government really seems to have our best interest at heart, i think we should all re elect them and support there great new and fresh ideas. Another thing we should do is if we hear anyone speaking against the Government we should call this toll free number1800 225 225 and let the Government know what there are saying, so the Government can look into them.

Signed Your Friend Random Internet User Terminal 658495.

Last edited:

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
No i don't know what it is:rolleyes:

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
its not doing anything now just disconnect it and piss it off no idea what its left over from.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
My first thought was some sort of power smoothing device?

edit:But that doesn't seem right.

I think is a noise filter for the radio. However, if the car is not broke, do not fix it, leave it alone.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
I was thinking that it may be some sort of Electronic Rust Prevention device too.
Quite surprised that nobody has suggested yet that it's the "Police Chip" :)

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Yes, it's an electronic rust protection, money making device sold by dealers. Throw it in the bin.

08CalaisQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Calais V6
Thanks for the replies! Thought it might be some kind of RFID chip for a fleet car as it has a small antenna, not bluetooth chip. Also no fuse straight off the battery, When i pulled the cover off the + solder broke off and arc'd against the negative. It's now gone!