Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can i get bolt on wheel spacers

Discussion in 'VT - VX Holden Commodore (1997 - 2002)' started by dons vs, Aug 20, 2010.

1. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    Not really interested in spending money on wheels, the factory wheels arnt to bad on the ss but the poor offset makes it look a bit ghosty.
    after some 25-30mm bolt on spacers for 5 x 120, had a bit of a search and cant find anything so just wondering if you guys know anywhere i can get them.

I DO NOT WANT SLIP ONS!!!!

2. vr1uz-fe

vr1uz-fe Banned

Members Ride:
    vr berlina
    you do know there illegal and dangerous
    even bolt ons

3. VjamesY

VjamesY New Member

Members Ride:
    VY executive
    Sorry If this is a little off topic, but how exactly are they dangerous? not being smart, Im just curious... as I hear that alot

4. vr1uz-fe

vr1uz-fe Banned

Members Ride:
    vr berlina
    they extend the angle on the hub and spigot and stress wheel studs

5. graham7773

graham7773 Member

Members Ride:
    VT Acclaim Wagon
    They are also dangerous to your wallet. Have a smash caused by the spacers breaking your wheel studs and your insurance is wiped

6. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    man everything is illegal on cars, the foot rest in my s14 is about the only thing legal on my car and my s13 could not even be registered with the cage in it, im not worried about it.
    in fact in vic with the 1 intake mod rule technically you cant have an otr intake kit as its more than one modification to the intake system, and just about any descent full exhaust system on a ls1 is illegal.

as for being dangerous... well quality bolt ons are not as bad as you think, i have been running spacers on most of my cars all my life and being thrown around a track sideways at 140km with 10" wheels and descent rubber i have never had any dramas nor do the other hundred blokes in the club or the thousands of people running them.

Anyway im not after a debate about bolt ons i just want to know if i can get 5 x 120's some where.

7. VjamesY

VjamesY New Member

Members Ride:
    VY executive
    deleted comment (get back to first topic)

8. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator

Members Ride:
    BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
    how do the change any angles? if they changed angles, the wheels would wobble and be undriveable.

theyre just the same as running low offset wheels, as long as you get hubcentric ones, theyre fine. still illegal, but fine.

9. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    Yeah you can buy wheels with the correct offset but something i have noticed with commodores is most of the wheels suck with fitment haha, all these 17x 7's and 18 x 8's and there all positive offset, if there was some descent 17 x 9 or 10's with 0 or neg offset i would get them instead of spacers but by the looks of it as there is no demand no company is really making them for commodores, as the 5 x 120 seems to be only a commodore and bmw thing.
    I know i can get custom 3 peices wheels from a few companies made up but im not spending 3000 + on wheels on my work horse, i just dont want it looking like a hover craft.

10. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator

Members Ride:
    check out some of the bmw sites, they run the same stud pattern. center hole is the hardest thing you'll have to work with.

11. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    exactly no different to neg off set wheels, its the price you pay for a descent looking fitment, and yes im after hub centrics i should have mentioned that as well but most bolt ons are anyway.

12. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    true ill give that a go, ill have to get the measurements for the centers as i can get them machined down if i have to thats no drama.

13. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator

Members Ride:
    how much do you wanna pay per spacer? theres a few places that do custom ones, would save getting them machined

14. vr1uz-fe

vr1uz-fe Banned

Members Ride:
    vr berlina
    the spigot is not engaged in the right way

if you cant understand it then dont comment the government has been advidsed by experts that is why you cant use them with out getting defected

i have seen many and they are crap and dangerous

15. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    what spigot is not engaged? and whast the difference from running 17 x 9 +30's with 30mm spacers than running 17 x 9 +-0.
    the wheels and load are still sitting in the exact same spot as most out face rims with deeper offsets only extend the barrel and mounting face not offset the dish.
    Most descent jap rims will offset the dish and any descent tough rim will have offset inner and out rims and you are only moving the inner spokes in and out.

Yes i can see there is more stress on the studs but im telling you now its not enough to snap a stud and have you go smashing into a merc on your way to work.
    Like i said i have had 30mm spacers on 17 x 10 sideways at 140km with stretched 255's fed evos and nothing has ever happend, do you know how much stress is on the studs when your putting all the weight onto one side of the car at 140km and its trying to flip the wheels under the car.
    Its not as dangerous as they make it out to be.

hakhawk cheers dude for the suggestions, i just found a company in the states who do custom one for beemers so i sent them an email to see if they can do some for me with holden centers, just got to go measure them up, there quote said around $180USD for 4 plus shipping which is a wicked price even if shipping is around 100 bucks as long as i can get 4 for around $300-400 then im happy.

16. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator

Members Ride:
    hubcentric wheel spacers engage the spigot properly, thats why you pay more for decent hubcentric ones. and thats what dons vs wants, hubcentric ones.

17. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    thats right with properly designed hub centric spacers the load is placed evenly onto the hub and not the studs, which wont cause any issues.

18. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    Speak with this guy i know he got some that were quite impressive.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vn-vp-vg-vq/55073-my-vp-calais-6.html

Only thing thats bad with spacers which is y they r illegal is coz some people dont extend the studs long enough so u can get at least 3-4 FULL rotations with ur nuts. if u check them regulary 2 make sure nothing has come loose (which they shouldnt neways) u shouldnt have any dramas. i got em on the VPs rear and they r great :)

19. dons vs

dons vs New Member

Members Ride:
    vs ute
    your thinking of slip ons, there rubbish and un safe, bolt on spacers will bolt onto the hub as if its a wheel, and then your wheel bolts onto the spacers as if its a hub, there is plenty of thread for the nuts, that is not an issue.

20. wrx884

wrx884 WA's ASR Rep

Members Ride:
    VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
    yep but thats not wat i sent u in the link but thats wat i got as i only needed 4mm clearance they rnt unsafe like u say provided u do wat i explained b4. i would have prefered the blolt on type tho but the nuts r 2 big 4 the space i need so wat i got is perfect.