Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to buy online, self sticking roofing insulation

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Hi Guys, I need to replace the roof lining and want to do away with the yellow foam stuff and have been told to first use a quality stick on insulation on the roof. Would anyone know where this kind of stuff would be available online. I'm thinking it might be the same kind of stuff that's used for sound deadening cars prior to fitting new stereo system or maybe it's stuff to keep the heat and sound out. O

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Hi Mark,
Thanks for the help mate, I'm buying 6 rolls of the Combination Butyl/Foam Super Sound Deadener and lay that under the board part before applying the covering.

Combining both the sound deadening properties of butyl material, and insulating properties of honeycomb foam, this is an easy single application solution for complete sound deadening and isolation that also offers thermal insulation. Consisting of a layer of our AX-3687 Butyl Based sound deadener and a 3.0mm thick layer of honeycomb foam (similar to our AX-3662), lining the cabin of your vehicle with these sound deadening sheets will give you drastically reduced road noise, less panel vibration and a cooler cabin temperature. Application is easy with the self adhesive backing and ability to mould to the shape of the panel. Ideal for door skins, head linings, door cards and under bonnet insulation.

Specifications:
• Thickness: 4.5mm (1.5mm butyl, 3.0mm foam)
• Temperature range: -10 - 100°C
• Size: 660 x 330mm