Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White VY Berlina *Picture Heavy*

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Haha the 14th that's soon man. Well the 16 hours show on ya pods they look reallly good :)
I woulda got hold of a flap disk or something, the ones for drills can't remember the actual name for them, they mite have helped with the shitty angles. Did all that 14awg set you back much?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Haha the 14th that's soon man. Well the 16 hours show on ya pods they look reallly good :)
I woulda got hold of a flap disk or something, the ones for drills can't remember the actual name for them, they mite have helped with the shitty angles. Did all that 14awg set you back much?

I reckon the pods look like **** haha but they are a good angle, very very strong and fit behind the factory door trim which was my aim. I used a protractor and my ear ;) haha takes a while but it seems to have all paid off (so far)

The 14awg was pretty cheap really, $84 delivered through ebay. It's not really 14awg though its a bit thin, more like 15ish gauage. For the price, I can't complain. If you are after a decent quantity of wire (50m or 100m) hit me up with a PM I can sort you out.

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Well I still think the pods look good haha of I had a crack at it, it would take me a good 20 times to get a decent set. I'd be on ya about some wire now but my current boss is ####ing me around with my group certificate, I still haven't received it :s. But once the money is in BIG 3 and then some wire for my speakers. Oh and some normal speakers in the back doors lol.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well I still think the pods look good haha of I had a crack at it, it would take me a good 20 times to get a decent set. I'd be on ya about some wire now but my current boss is ####ing me around with my group certificate, I still haven't received it :s. But once the money is in BIG 3 and then some wire for my speakers. Oh and some normal speakers in the back doors lol.

Haha sounds like good plans dude. When you're ready, hit me up for some wiring. I've started a small business, I can get a lot of wiring, all Aerpro products and a bit of car / home audio gear very cheap.

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Haha sounds like good plans dude. When you're ready, hit me up for some wiring. I've started a small business, I can get a lot of wiring, all Aerpro products and a bit of car / home audio gear very cheap.

Started a business? Say nothing more mate I'd be happy to become a regular customer :)
What kinda gear you gonna be selling??

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its really in its planning / developing stages, but I couldn't help but start looking for suppliers (and snagging some new gear for myself, the SB mids etc)
Basically all aerpro anything
installation accessories (wiring, terminals, carpet, tapes, cable ties etc)
Nakamachi car audio

Lots of DIY speakers (Fountek, SB Acoustics, Scan-Speak)

Not sure what else yet haha still planning!

kcpwns

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Haha yeah it seems like it would be pretty fun. Well know that I know that excpect pm's from me!

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yeah it seems like it would be pretty fun. Well know that I know that excpect pm's from me!

No worries at all champ!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
@ sweefu just wondering mate is it hard to sound deaden the doors? and is there any particular process to do it? i tried searching but couldnt find what i was after, thanks mate

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
@ sweefu just wondering mate is it hard to sound deaden the doors? and is there any particular process to do it? i tried searching but couldnt find what i was after, thanks mate

It takes a bit of time, have a razor blade, scissors and a heat gun handy. I don't have time to write a proper reply now, but maybe i'll do a "How To" or if not, i'll reply properly telling you how.

Cheers mate!