Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who paid for their first car

Travy

A bogan with style
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC SL/E & FG XR50 Turbo
Paid for my first car a 1971 Morris Mini. $300 12 years ago lol.
A mate and I fixed it up, painted it and got it on the road, was perfect first car!

lukieboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive 92
i paid fpr my first car and every car since as for buying ya kids firts car i say sure but as i am a father of 6 they wont be 80k bmw let me tell ya (btw kids not mine biologicaly so please no buy a tv jokes) the best way i feel is to buy as a first car a bomb teaches you to treat the girl right and at very least some mechanical knowledge

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
I was lucky enough to be given the old farm ute, a 1990 XF falcon (3 on the tree FTW!) at the end of 2003 when I got my license. Had 370XXX km on it at the time. Best thing I ever received, as it sparked my interest in cars, which will now be a life long passion. It also taught me how to maintain and repair the car. Its also on LPG, perfect for a poor uni student. I still drive it now, and it will be traded in at the start of the new year will over 500000km on the dial.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
it is true what they say "if u don't earn it u don't appreciate it". my dad and mum bought me my first car which was a 1997 vt s supercharged, i did take good care of it on the outside mainly coz i worked at a carwash at the time, but i thought i was invincible. i just got my license and was already trying to drift around every single corner, nearly died a couple of times in the rain, doing 360's nearly hitting poles, then one day smacked into a pole at 80km/h +, and broke a couple of my ribs and stuffed my bladder up, but i'm ok now thank god. i've learnt my lesson. every kid should earn his car with his own money......this is what i did to my car

from this

to this

i am getting a new one soon - self earned this time

What a crock. Idiots will always be idiots, no matter who pays for something.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i paid for all my cars

on my L's i had 84 alfa that i paid 2500 for and my bro blow the motor up in it cost me 2800 to fixs then got a alfa 75 that i paid 11000 for and blow the motor up with in 6 months also had a VK 308 brock look alike and about 4 more cars......yes was on my L's for a long time:D

P1's i had 3 hilix that was all moded also blow the motor up in one of them had 2 60 landcruisers also blow the motor in one of them

P2's still had one landcruiser that i sold and now have the VP V8

How the **** does someone blow up so many cars? something missing?

I dunno about that. i reckon it makes a difference. i know it isn't cars but look at some of the ********s that live in rental properties. It's the same with cars. If someone has to work hard and fork out for something they will understand the work involved in fixing it when they **** it. if you are given a car you can work to fix it, you didn't have to work to get it though.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i paid for half of my first car- was 15 of course, and only workin part time for about... 50-60 buks a week lol.

My first car was a 1986 Ford Telstar, for 500 buks, so i paid 250- it was a mix of different shades of silver, smelt of burnt oil, but it was MINE :D, aaand it was a manual, which is obviously a good choice- since after learnin to drive in a manual i'm now driving tipper trucks full time :D

After playing around in it, the car was defected lol, was gonna be sent to regency for it- so we sold it for scrap haha by then it was rooted. Next car was a 1985 XF Falcon wagon, it was yellow, the 'excavator yellow' color, but was pretty much BRAND NEW for its age, and- for 500 buks. Drove it for a year, and it NEVER lost coolant, or oil, only needed a starter motor. But the speedo stopped workin after 2 months of driving, so i just followed the traffic all day- never got a speeding fine :D

Then i sold it and picked up a 1993 ED Falcon wagon (blue this time) for 3 grand- it was on gas, and ran like a dream. (yes yes a bunch of fords i know lol), about a year later my dad bought a 93 VR acclaim sedan, and asked if we wanted to trade, since he wanted a wagon on gas, i jumped on the chance of owning my first commadore :D

Now 2 years later, with a new trans, and newer motor, i still own the car to this day :D

Galixia

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 CBR1000RR & G6E Turbo
i brought my first car when i was 18 was a 89 toyota seca saved up for a few months to buy it... had it for a few months my mum borrowed it as she always did cause she didnt have a car and smashed it... its true when people dont buy cars they dont respect them as much and smash them... :p

SamssuperVT

VT Calais L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 1999 Supercharged

i think your just angry because you know that your parents bought you your first car, i didn't say everyone is like me and doesn't appreciate their car when someone buys it for them, but most people don't until they earn it them selves, and about "idiots will always be idiots"...i guess we'll see how it goes when i buy my next car soon. i know for sure though that i wont drive it like the last one because now i am scared to even take a corner a bit faster then normal since the accident.

SamssuperVT

VT Calais L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais 1999 Supercharged
i brought my first car when i was 18 was a 89 toyota seca saved up for a few months to buy it... Had it for a few months my mum borrowed it as she always did cause she didnt have a car and smashed it... Its true when people dont buy cars they dont respect them as much and smash them... :p

thank you very much

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I dunno about that. i reckon it makes a difference. i know it isn't cars but look at some of the ********s that live in rental properties. It's the same with cars. If someone has to work hard and fork out for something they will understand the work involved in fixing it when they **** it. if you are given a car you can work to fix it, you didn't have to work to get it though.

People like this will trash anything they may eventually own(although there is a reason these type of deadbeats rent). My brother and sister both had their cars bought for them, my sister still has hers and it looks as good as the day it was bought 9 years ago.
Not treating something with respect regardless of who pays for it comes down to the upbringing of children and the success/failure of parents raising there children, nothing else.

i think your just angry because you know that your parents bought you your first car, i didn't say everyone is like me and doesn't appreciate their car when someone buys it for them, but most people don't until they earn it them selves, and about "idiots will always be idiots"...i guess we'll see how it goes when i buy my next car soon. i know for sure though that i wont drive it like the last one because now i am scared to even take a corner a bit faster then normal since the accident.

Angry? Why? My parents didn't buy my first car? In fact they almost died when I come home with my first car which was an RX2 that I paid for myself. Again, it comes down to how you were raised, clearly you thought that if something is given to you that you don't have to respect it, that shows in your actions.

As for you now, well you had an accident, of course you will take it easy...for a little while. Guarantee though, after a little time, you won't change. Why would you?