Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will it fit?

S

svs500

Will a VL Calais rear tail light assembly (indicators and centre piece) fit on a VH?

cliffo78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline, VL Exec, VY Berlina
Yes, (as I posted in your other thread) but I have seen it done and it looks CRAP. (In my opinion). Fitting VK front indicators is a good idea - they look good. Oh and also VK/VL mirrors can be fitted with a bit of fiddling, they will give your VH a cleaner look and you don't have to re-adjust them everytime someone brushes against them when walking past your car.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
The VL lights, centre panel, and boot strip will fit, but the corner garnishes will not.

The VL got a different rear 1/4 pressing to the VB-VK, and this has a relief beside the end of the tail light that the garnish fits into. This relief does not exist on VB-VK shells, and prevents fitment of the corners.

You have to use VK ones if you want the calais 3-tier rear lights/garnish assembly.

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
It will fit but would you want to change it? The VH model is unique, especially when it comes to the tail lights. The tail lights on every model from the VB to VL are very similar and boring, except for the VH!

It was also the last Commodore model to come out with chrome bumpers. I think these 2 facts alone point to how unique this particular model is and how it will become a classic in the very near future.

S

svs500

I think i'll leave it now. The car is a stock 5 litre SL/E, only mods are exhaust. I plan to fit VY SS 18's on it and return exhaust to twin outlet. The car has been in family since new and is in mint condition.