Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will My Design Work???

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
im um gettn rid of my old box and designing a boot install atm! i was wondering if any of you tech guys reckn that 4775.5 cubic inch' (or approx 2.77 cubic Ft.) is a good size encloser per 12" sub and if i should port them.. or even run the one 5.5(approx) cubic Ft box for the 2 subs(ported or unported) thanx!

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Yes it will work but will it sound good - IDK. The box size and type is determined by the subwoofers T/S specs. without this info, no one can tell you anything helpful about building the box and if the sub is suited to ported etc.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
sony specs indicate that enclosed i should go 32L or 1.2cubic ft and ported 28L or 1 cubic ft.. at the moment im running a double box and it works out to be 1.9cubic Ft. per sub.. and i want to run 2.7 cubic Ft. acording to my design. what effect will the increased box size have?

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
800peak
250w rated
93db sensitivity
responds 25-800hz

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
im um gettn rid of my old box and designing a boot install atm! i was wondering if any of you tech guys reckn that 4775.5 cubic inch' (or approx 2.77 cubic Ft.) is a good size encloser per 12" sub and if i should port them.. or even run the one 5.5(approx) cubic Ft box for the 2 subs(ported or unported) thanx!

Agree with JOEY anything will work -- sound any good -- think not !!! :bang:

Need some detail of your subs and how many etc

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
sony specs indicate that enclosed i should go 32L or 1.2cubic ft and ported 28L or 1 cubic ft.. at the moment im running a double box and it works out to be 1.9cubic Ft. per sub.. and i want to run 2.7 cubic Ft. acording to my design. what effect will the increased box size have?

It will sound like SH!T

how are you lining the box... are you allowing for free air..... what HZ are you tuning to?????????????

So many questions --- so little time!!!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
i dunno about any tuning.. audio isnt my feild.. im running sony XS-L1220R.. im talking about running 2 subs in total but each enclosure 2.7cubic Ft. at the moment they are in 1.9 ported and they sound nice.. sound like ****.. can u be more specific? more booming bass or bad response to high frequency?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
i dunno about any tuning.. audio isnt my feild.. im running sony XS-L1220R.. im talking about running 2 subs in total but each enclosure 2.7cubic Ft. at the moment they are in 1.9 ported and they sound nice.. sound like ****.. can u be more specific? more booming bass or bad response to high frequency?

Fair enough!!

Nice little sub -- let me come back to you in 5!

CHeers

The sound waves will be all distorted... no bass not high not anything.... just a mess... of sound waves.

Will come back to you with what you should look at running!

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
id rather just make the box smaller.. the reason i made it that was cause i made it to the dimentions that would fit perfectly into the back of the vn, then id put the flat board across it ill post a pic of my sketch