Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will My Design Work???

Reaction score
Website
www.caraudiofactoryoutlet.com.au
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Yer! that would be great.. it cant be any bigger than 435mm in width 480mm in height and 210mm deep.. those mesurments give me way more than what i need it to be..

.435*.480*.210 = 0.043848

cubic meters to Cubic feet = 1 cubic meters = 35.3146667 cubic feet

= .043848 * 35.314667 = 1.5484775 cuft

So you need to drop .7284775 cuft out of the internal volume

Which means that put an internal board in to reduce the volume not from the height!

therefore if you go to an internal volume of 330mm * 330 mm * 210 mm in height which means you are not adjusting your height will still give good clearance for the Subwoofer basket etc.

and give you a spot on volume of .8 cu ft

PLEASE on that is the internal measurement so if you are using 16mm mdf then you need an area from inside of board to inside of board of 346mm * 346mm

Hope this helps and answers your question

You can still keep your external measurement of 480*435mm but you will have another set of boards internally so it is the measurements above

Cheers

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
awsome so internal have to be 330 330 210.. so adjust acording to the thinckness of the mdf! thanx heaps mate.. ill let you no how it goes!! i start next week

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
use 19mm MDF, if not thicker if u can try not 2 use 16mm u'll hear the difference between the 2 for sure

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
awsome so internal have to be 330 330 210.. so adjust acording to the thinckness of the mdf! thanx heaps mate.. ill let you no how it goes!! i start next week

That is the one!

As long as you have 330*330*210mm internally - From inside of board to inside of board!

The Volume is for the Ported Box you will need to add the Port to the dimensions I gave you

Cheers

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
use 19mm MDF, if not thicker if u can try not 2 use 16mm u'll hear the difference between the 2 for sure

If he had a T212D4 or similar I would agree.. but not for the Sony

Make sure you line the internal space with DACRON -- AVAILABLE in all CHEAP TONTINE PILLOWS!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
wouldnt hurt tho if u eva decided 2 upgrade later on down the track unless ur ona budget? go 19mm will save stuffing round later or even makin a new box

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
nah no budgets here.. im a compulsive buyer:) haha um that dacron is like a thin white fluffy insulation isnt it? my mate gets it from work, they use it on heating units.. whats that for? so the waves dont hit the back of the box yer?

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
nah no budgets here.. im a compulsive buyer:) haha um that dacron is like a thin white fluffy insulation isnt it? my mate gets it from work, they use it on heating units.. whats that for? so the waves dont hit the back of the box yer?

So have you built it YET???

:thumbsup:

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Dacron is generally used to effectively "increase" the internal volume of a too small box... if your box is a good size you wont need it, but its cheap so i guess it cant hurt to try.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VK BROCK Group "A"
Dacron is generally used to effectively "increase" the internal volume of a too small box... if your box is a good size you wont need it, but its cheap so i guess it cant hurt to try.

Dacron is actual has a use of limiting vibration through the box/ enclosure and hence the ability to use 16mm instead of 19 mm MDF.

MDF as is MEDIUM DENSITY FIBREBOARD - so reflects sound wave a little too much and the dacron acts as a sound dampening material that stops reverberation through the box and affecting the sound wave quality that the box was designed for and HZ level

No really a keen subscriber to the "increase internal volume" as it is does not increase the surface area of the box.

Dacron inside a box is purely a sound damping material used to stop vibrations to the enclosure walls and hence affecting the SQ~