Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Willem help

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Hey guys. I got myself a Willem burner, but i cant get the bloody thing to connect to my pc. I'm using a parallel to USB cable for the data (can i do that?) and a USB A to B cable for the power. As soon as i plug in the USB cable all 3 LED's on the board light up, if i just plug in the parallel cable only the "power" lights up.

Whatever i do though, when i go to "test hardware" on the software program it says "hardware error, check power and connection" All the jumpers seem to be correct. I dunno what i'm doing wrong...?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
You plugging in both cables? USB is for power, parallel is for data. Also I'm not sure if you can use a parallel to usb thing, thats why I spent a few dollars and got a parallel addon card for my computer off ebay

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
havent found a usb-lpt cable that works. they just cant replicate a real parallel port.

you need a proper parallel port, or buy a "true" usb willem burner, theyre about twice the price of a parallel burner.

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Ok, i got a PCI parallel card and a cable to connect to the card. I'm still getting "hardware error check power and connection". Ive set the program for 27c010.