Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wires/Plugs behind light selector

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Hey guys, today I just changed over my dash to the piano black fascia (finally, it looks great :D ) Anyway behind the headlight switch there was this loom with all these extra plugs. One is obviously for the headlights, and one is for the fog lights (which I intend on using). So any ideas what the other two are for? (see photo)

Attachments

• DSC_5732 (Large).JPG
    DSC_5732 (Large).JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 565

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
did you buy the car secondhand, it looks like it had the auto headlights on option fitted. Maybe Telstra or some other government owned it. Just looked at your pic again, and i can see the little black box in the back ground, so yer it did have auto headlights fitted.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
Yeah I bought it second hand, it only had one previous owner though, and she wasent government related or anything. Any idea how I could get the auto headlights working again? Because I just have the standard light switch, with out the auto selection, would I just simply need to change this switch for the auto one?

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Vf SV6 Jungle Fever
the auto lights that were fitted to telstra vehicles are the type that turns the lights on when you start the car and stay on all the time. you may be thinking of the auto lights that come on in the dark and switch off in the daylight? who wants their lights on all the time like telstra workers? no thanks!!!

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
Yeah well I doubt telstra had a black supercharged S pack in their arsenal. So these ARNT the lights that auto come on when its dark?

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
oh ok just trying to help!

Yeah thanks for your help. I still dont know if these are the lights that auto on when its dark? My headlight switch is the one without the auto option though, and three of those plugs, arnt plugged into anything, so im wondering what they are for.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Yeah well I doubt telstra had a black supercharged S pack in their arsenal. So these ARNT the lights that auto come on when its dark?

It may have been a Telstra vehicle, upper management were given a car allowance, so they could choose any vehicle they wanted, I work at a Holden dealership, and we had a couple of Telstra workers that had vt,vx gen3 executives.
If you pm me the VIN number, i can tell you the previous owner name.

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Vehicle buyer was Telstra Ordering and Billing, SA,
ken

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
Thanks. Hopefully that means its been well maintained? I might have to contact holden to find out what all these extra plugs do though.