Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring help for the door

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
The previous owner has left tweeters and x-overs, the front door speakers in place but cut off the wiring for it and used some super strong glue or double sided tape for the x-over.. I need to run the wire for the door speaker to the x-over through the rubber door tube where all the other wires go.. Any tips or tricks to do this as the old speaker wire is gone..
null_zps9500bf82.jpg

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Just un clipped the plug but still can't get the wires through.. Might try a stiffer bit of wire and get that in then tape the stif wire to the speaker wire.. Thanks for the help

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I used one of those huge zip-ties. It pokes through easier as it doesn't get caught as much (especially with rory's advice above). Also makes it pretty hard to damage anything. Or instead of stretching, pushing the rubber together to close the ridges as a similar principle, if it wont stretch.

Last edited:

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
sweet thanks guys.. Will go see what's in the shed now..

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Coat hanger and lube.

As above... coat hanger can be substituted for for gerbil also...

This is the right thread for that right?

DJ_Cosmic_Fire

smarter not harder
Reaction score
Website
www.house-mixes.com
Members Ride
VP S-Pack Oct '91 - VT SrsII Wagon
The previous owner has left tweeters and x-overs, the front door speakers in place but cut off the wiring for it and used some super strong glue or double sided tape for the x-over.. I need to run the wire for the door speaker to the x-over through the rubber door tube where all the other wires go.. Any tips or tricks to do this as the old speaker wire is gone..
null_zps9500bf82.jpg

Thread the silicone spray covered torch liner through the grommet then simply push through the 1mm galvanised wire - through the torch liner.
attachment.php

Torch liner (welding consumables) , silicone spray, then the thread 1mm galvanised wire through the torch liner.
attachment.php

Last edited:

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Sweet thanks gang.. I'm stuck at work now for a few more hours then off to vote then home to do the wires..