Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Caprice Mirror control module?

Jvbking

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
Hey guys.

My Dad recently bought a 2007 Caprice that I'm helping him fix up which looks like it's had a bit of water inside. The RSE and rear climate doesn't turn on and the timing chain is about to fall off, but the biggest issue I'm having so far is the damn mirrors.

I've swapped out the drivers side mirror with a working one, but when I plug it in it is stuck going in one direction until the worm gear starts slipping. Testing the plug shows constant 12v on one of the motor pins

I've checked the fuse boxes, swapped out the mirror buttons on the console, new BCM and I've got the 10-way seat memory module on the table which is testing fine.

Is there a mirror control module or some relays hidden under the dash somewhere? I've seen people mention there being one behind the cluster and one under the door trim, but no luck so far finding it.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
The RSE and rear climate doesn't turn on and the timing chain is about to fall off, but the biggest issue I'm having so far is the damn mirrors.
I'd fix the timing chain first, you don't want the engine to go ka-boom because that will be costly!

Jvbking

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
I'd fix the timing chain first, you don't want the engine to go ka-boom because that will be costly!
Thought I enabled email notifications.

The timing chain is already booked in in about a weeks time, so there isn't much more I can do about that. At the moment I'd rather not have to bash my mirror in every time I need to adjust it.

I've replaced the memory seat module and seat interface just to be sure, but that was also not the issue.

Jvbking

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
Quick update.

Probably shouldn't have been so quick to fire the parts cannon, but hindsight is 20/20. Turns out heated and non-heated mirrors are not interchangeable, despite having the same plug and wire count.

Now I just have to fix the rear controls, and she should be all good... mostly.

Reactions: Lex