Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WM Statesman Front end advice bushes/suspension

herbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm statesman
Hi there, my front end bushes need replacing and was told its cheaper and easier to replace the whole arms. How accurate would that be?

also I need to replace the front shockers/assembly. Could I please just have some recommendations.

Thanks!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
a lot depends on whether you want a firm/sporty ride or plush/smooth ride from your stato, do you want to lower it etc, its cheaper to buy the bush's than a complete arm, but you do have the cost of labour to change the bush out from the arm etc the arm etc still needs to be removed, I would get a couple of quotes and compare them just to see which is the cheaper

herbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm statesman
a lot depends on whether you want a firm/sporty ride or plush/smooth ride from your stato, do you want to lower it etc, its cheaper to buy the bush's than a complete arm, but you do have the cost of labour to change the bush out from the arm etc the arm etc still needs to be removed, I would get a couple of quotes and compare them just to see which is the cheaper

Yeah that's what I got told was it costs more because of the extra labor changing just the bushes.

I don't really want to lower it, Its just a daily driver cruiser. I do some hills driving and long distance occasionally. The front shocks were last done about 200k ago

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
The hardest part of the bushes is pushing them out without a press this can be fun . if you have the time and handy with the tools simply remove the arms take to your local workshop pedders etc etc and have them press the bushes for you . the front radius rod bushes can be removed without a press and done in car . how are your ball joints too might aswell put in a new set while your at it .